List of all the unsolved mysteries (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

whoisalhedges
RR Diner Member

Re: List of all the unsolved mysteries

Post by whoisalhedges »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
bastia wrote:I think 53 is wrong. No shots in bid ed's gas station. The cop heard shots while he was at big ed's. Referring to the double R scene, where the kid shoot thought the window
Jesse hears those shots.Thats why he tells Bobby about it and Bobby tells him that he will go to Big Ed's place and check it out
I thought that the shots Jessie heard were the shots at the RR Diner, he came down to the Diner as he heard them. He had been at the Gas Station at the time. Bobby I thought told Jessie to get ID off who he thought were the parents of the kid, and he was going to stop the horn honking and get the traffic moving. That is my interpretation.
That's not even an interpretation - it's exactly what was said on the show.

Jesse said he was at Big Ed's (getting gas, chatting with Ed - why he was there is subject to interpretation, but is also quite possibly irrelevant) when he heard shots. He didn't say WHERE he heard the shots, but given that he drove straight over to the RR from where he was, it is obvious beyond perfect clarity that he heard the shots at the RR. I know that the TPSD doesn't necessarily have the best reputation for forensic work; but does anyone seriously believe that an officer of the law would be at a location, hear shots at that location, and then LEAVE said location, only to randomly show up at another place where there just so happened to be shots fired? THIS MAKES NO SENSE. Jesse was at Big Ed's Gas Farm. He heard the shots in front of the RR; so being a professional cop (i.e. not Chad), he investigated - that is why he is there. The end.
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Re: List of all the unsolved mysteries (SPOILERS)

Post by DoppelBocker »

Forgotten question from episode 13: The place with arm wrestling match presumably "farm" ray talked about. Is there an explanation for why it's called this?

Episode 14 Questions:
Diary: Is there an explanation that will be provided showing not a contradiction that ripped out pgs from diary (and subsquent handing over secret diary to Harold before saw him last time) happened before the dream with Annie?

Blue Rose Additional Elaboration?: Who is Lois Duffy and how'd 2 agents become involved on case? Background on Tulpa?

Diane: What happened that night with dopplecoop? Why did dopplecoop bring up briggs? Further elaboration on Janey-E relation to Diane and how met Douglas Jones??? (Guessing has something do with night Diane met DoppleCoop) How did ring get in major brigg's stomach and why?

Gordon Cole: What's with realworld people appearing as characters in Gordon Cole's recurring dream? (4th wall comment on reality/fiction and roles real people play while assuming fictional character it appears) who's monica's freinds? refers to "ancient phrase" from where? cooper half seen as perhaps tracing "who is the dream" after saying this phrase to an occurance with jeffries saying "who do you think this is there" to coop who just had dream before Jeffries arrival in FWWM... what going on here?

Brigg's Special Place: How did he discover this place and what is it? (why need soil in pocket and this specific time?) Asian woman same from episode 3 who is this, why does she appear here, and why is she being hunted? (perhaps cause helped Coop avoid trap or some other reason?) Why'd Any get taken up and why giant refer to self as fireman? What is that fruit shaped container given to Andy? What do the sequence of pictures shown to him mean? (seem to assume smoke and go within vessel he's given)

James Buddy: Why was he chosen? What's with the special glove? Significance of special portal locations around globe? Why was he sent to Twin Peaks? (he's security at Great Northern interesting as that the source of the hum) What's behind door James looked at?

Sarah: What in the heck happened to her? It seems she not go out much and meeting with guy not random (1st time happened it seems?); perhaps drawn to most despicable people around somehow and they respond somehow to feeling some sort of evil presence near them?

Billy's Story: Person in cell by Chad presumably Billy? What Happened to him? Tina's daughter's story fills in what blanks given by Audrey?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

DoppelBocker wrote:Forgotten question from episode 13: The place with arm wrestling match presumably "farm" ray talked about. Is there an explanation for why it's called this?

Episode 14 Questions:
Diary: Is there an explanation that will be provided showing not a contradiction that ripped out pgs from diary (and subsquent handing over secret diary to Harold before saw him last time) happened before the dream with Annie?

Blue Rose Additional Elaboration?: Who is Lois Duffy and how'd 2 agents become involved on case? Background on Tulpa?

Diane: What happened that night with dopplecoop? Why did dopplecoop bring up briggs? Further elaboration on Janey-E relation to Diane and how met Douglas Jones??? (Guessing has something do with night Diane met DoppleCoop) How did ring get in major brigg's stomach and why?

Gordon Cole: What's with realworld people appearing as characters in Gordon Cole's recurring dream? (4th wall comment on reality/fiction and roles real people play while assuming fictional character it appears) who's monica's freinds? refers to "ancient phrase" from where? cooper half seen as perhaps tracing "who is the dream" after saying this phrase to an occurance with jeffries saying "who do you think this is there" to coop who just had dream before Jeffries arrival in FWWM... what going on here?

Brigg's Special Place: How did he discover this place and what is it? (why need soil in pocket and this specific time?) Asian woman same from episode 3 who is this, why does she appear here, and why is she being hunted? (perhaps cause helped Coop avoid trap or some other reason?) Why'd Any get taken up and why giant refer to self as fireman? What is that fruit shaped container given to Andy? What do the sequence of pictures shown to him mean? (seem to assume smoke and go within vessel he's given)

James Buddy: Why was he chosen? What's with the special glove? Significance of special portal locations around globe? Why was he sent to Twin Peaks? (he's security at Great Northern interesting as that the source of the hum) What's behind door James looked at?

Sarah: What in the heck happened to her? It seems she not go out much and meeting with guy not random (1st time happened it seems?); perhaps drawn to most despicable people around somehow and they respond somehow to feeling some sort of evil presence near them?

Billy's Story: Person in cell by Chad presumably Billy? What Happened to him? Tina's daughter's story fills in what blanks given by Audrey?
Thanks!I'll add some of those
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

• Part 1: Who was the insurance man who came to the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department? Is he working for Lucky 7 Insurance? Why did he want to talk to Sheriff Truman and did he want to speak to Harry or Frank?
  • Part 14: Why is Naido important? Who are the people who want to kill her and why?
  • Part 14: Why does Megan (the girl in the Roadhouse) not remember if her uncle was with them when Billy was bleeding out his nose and mouth and when they were cleaning up the blood?
You can colour this one red: 57.When is the Tweaks Squad going to Jack Rabbits Palace?
kornishpyxee
Roadhouse Member

Post by kornishpyxee »

Something I'm unclear on--is the trailer park in this series the same as in FWWM (Fat Trout)? If so, why is it so close to Twin Peaks as opposed to Deer Meadow? Or is it possible Carl closed down the original Fat Trout and established a new trailer park in Twin Peaks to be closer to home?

Jenn (kornishpyxee)
The next time you see me it won't be me.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:
  • Part 1: Who was the insurance man who came to the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department? Is he working for Lucky 7 Insurance? Why did he want to talk to Sheriff Truman and did he want to speak to Harry or Frank?
  • Part 14: Why is Naido important? Who are the people who want to kill her and why?
  • Part 14: Why does Megan (the girl in the Roadhouse) not remember if her uncle was with them when Billy was bleeding out his nose and mouth and when they were cleaning up the blood?
You can colour this one red: 57.When is the Tweaks Squad going to Jack Rabbits Palace?
Cool.I'll make the changes
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

kornishpyxee wrote:Something I'm unclear on--is the trailer park in this series the same as in FWWM (Fat Trout)? If so, why is it so close to Twin Peaks as opposed to Deer Meadow? Or is it possible Carl closed down the original Fat Trout and established a new trailer park in Twin Peaks to be closer to home?

Jenn (kornishpyxee)
The trailer park has shifted.Even the sign-board says that it has shifted.Maybe its closer to Twin Peaks
RedRum
Roadhouse Member

Post by RedRum »

krishnanspace wrote:So I thought,I'll just make a list of all the unsolved mysteries in the new season upto Part 14.
1.What was the ???????'s message to Cooper regarding 430 etc?
2.We know who owns the Glass Box.What is its purpose?
3.What is the Experiment/Mother?
4.What is the symbol on Mr.C's card that Hawk told Truman he would not comment on?
5.Where do those Co-ordinates lead?
6.Where is Brigg's head?(Physical Head)
7.What really went with Hastings and Ruth Davenport that day(I mean a clear answer which I dont think we may get)?
8.Who killed the Secretary?
9.Where did Laura go?
10.Where is Jeffries if that is Jeffries indeed?
11.What are Jeffries's intentions?Why does he want to be with Bob?
12.What happened with Donna?
13.What is that purple room(Maybe they wont answer that)?
14.How was Dougie created?When he ceased to exist why did he become a gold ball bearing?
15.What is the purpose of the Owl Cave Ring?
16.Why is Cooper a walking vegetable(I think this may be answered in the coming episodes)?
17.Why doesn't Mr.C kill Cooper?
18.Whats up with the 119 family?
19.What does Gordon really know?
20.What did the man in Columbia know?Why was he killed?
21.How did Dougie's ring get inside Brigg's Body?
22.Wtf was that Magic trick that Red performed on Richard?
23.Was the kid who was killed by Richard and the mother any important?Why did Carl Rodd see the Soul leaving(I know him and the log lady have some special abilities)?
What did him seeing that mean?
24.Where is the 4th and last missing page from Laura's Diary?
25.What happened to the Truck Owner who was supposed to meet Andy at 430?
26.What was the thing Diane was supposed to tell Gordon?
27.What is the purpose of the Woodsmen?
28.What is that sound at the Great Northern ?
29.What is Beverly upto?
30.Who was the Girl and Boy in 1956?What happened to the girl?
31.How powerful is Mr.C without Bob?Where did Bob go?
32.Who is Laura really?
33.Who is ??????? and what and where is that place?
34.Why does Bob look like the way he does(I mean a demon in Denim jacket and Jeans.Was he a real person before)?
35.Is Diane Rogue?
36.Why was Briggs 'Hibernating'?
37.Why did Briggs need the co-ordinates?
38.Is something up with Candie?
39.Why did Gordon have a vision of Laura?
40.Whats up with the kids in Twin Peaks?
41.Who is the armpit girl?
42.Where is Audrey?
43.Where and Hows Annie?
44.Who are Richards Parents?
45.What the fuck was going on between Gordon and the French Woman?(I hope that scene was not for sexualizing her)
46.What is wrong with Sarah Palmer?Is there some lodge entity within her?
47.What is going on with Audrey,Billy,Chuck,Tina and that Dwarf?
48.What is Jacoby upto?
49.What were the 2 ladies at the Roadhouse discussing(Part 12)?
50.Why wasn't Gordon investigating the disapperance of Jeffries,Desmond and Cooper all these years?
51.Why didn't Albert disappear?Not like he has to disappear.Is he upto something?
52.Is Sarah Palmer in a loop?
53.Why were shots fired at Big Ed's place and no mention of it in part 13?(Maybe scenes are not in order)
54.Ray says to Mr.C,"There is something inside you that they want".Who are they?
55.Where is the Dutchmans?
56.When is the Tweaks Squad going to Jack Rabbits Palace?
57.Is there some lodge activity at Big Ed's palace near to the end of Part 13?The electric sound plays for just a moment when Ed is looking out of the door
58.Why and How is Monica Belluci playing herself?Is the whole show someone's dream?
59.Who and What is the dreamer?Is is us the viewers?
60.Was that Albert Glitching for a sec after Cole mentions Jeffries's incident?
61.Will we ever know about Louis and her doppleganger?
62.How did Naido land into the woods and for how long was she there?
63.What was the Andy and Lucy footage that Andy saw?Was it future?
64.Who was the drunk guy inside the prison cell?
65.What was inside Sarah Palmer?
66.Who were those 2 girls in the Roadhouse and what were they talking about?(Part 14)
67.Who was the insurance man who came to the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department? Is he working for Lucky 7 Insurance? Why did he want to talk to Sheriff Truman and did he want to speak to Harry or Frank?(Part 1)
69.Why is Naido important? Who are the people who want to kill her and why?
69.Why does Megan (the girl in the Roadhouse) not remember if her uncle was with them when Billy was bleeding out his nose and mouth and when they were cleaning up the blood?
70.What was that device in Argentina?

I'll be updating this list weekly.If there is something I missed please help me add it.Also if there are some mysteries that have been solved let me know

Color Red indicates a solved Mystery
Color Blue indicates a misinterpreted question.
You know what Lynch's answer to us all on all of that... Fuck you Audience.. Fuck you.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

How did the Morgan's react to the cancelled dinner at the Hasting's household?

that's what i want to know
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I guess I wonder if Freddie is going to be some kind of Lynch superhero and take on Mr. Cooper when he comes to town. One-Punch Man versus One-Punch Man.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

claaa7 wrote:How did the Morgan's react to the cancelled dinner at the Hasting's household?

I imagine they were profoundly disappointed.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Novalis wrote:
claaa7 wrote:How did the Morgan's react to the cancelled dinner at the Hasting's household?

I imagine they were profoundly disappointed.
Haha well played my friend
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

The cow jumped over the moon??

Around the dinner table the conversation is lively??
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

A few more:

- Part 1: At Buella's house both Darya and Ray gave the man in the wheelchair a note before they left with DoppelCooper. What were those notes about?
- Part 2: When DoppelCoop visits Phyllis at her house they act as if they know each other. What was their relationship?
- Part 3: In the Purple Room Cooper meets an "American Girl" who looks like Ronette. Is she Ronette or someone else?
- Part 3: What happened to Cooper's FBI pin and shoes when he traveled through the socket?
- Part 4: According to Bobby, Cooper was the last person who saw Garland Briggs alive. What did they talk about?
- How did Dougie and Janey-E meet? Did DoppelCoop and/or Diane have anything to do with it?
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

Episode 15 Questions:
Ed/Nadine: Still married right before she arrives at gas station with shovel? (Married yet separated perhaps? After Season 2 hard believe this not in distant past) If not what's kept him from being with Norma? Note he burned few episodes back?

Convenience Store (presume is same place from episode 8 as well as place Jeffries references in FWWM ; wallpaper also same as room laura entered through in painting tremont lady gave her in FWWM before entering black lodge in dream): why called the dutchman? is there an area mr. C walked past similar to room laura entered? Seems be source of electrical disturbance seen in various electrical lines throughout country??? what was the function of switch woodsmen pulled down? what's with motel?

Jeffries: Function of teakettle like thing jeffries talked out of and does it resemble device in episode 3? Reason Jeffries no longer humanoid form from story standpoint? where did jeffries originally disappear at? dopplecoop perhaps never met jude so when did cooper? whose jude and why not talk about? who called coop 5 days before? (jeffries only spoke to ray)

coordinates: where do coordinates ray gave mr. C lead? (assuming not same as on ruth's arm?); coordinates jeffrey gives mr. c?

cell phone: Vegas??? (Mr. C. not call Mr. Todd 2nd time so why order the hit?); what's with the past 2 messages diane intercepted as well?

log lady: who is on bluepine mtn?

audrey: What beyond the door she not want to open? whose charlie really?

odd lady: What's with those bikers rudely putting her out of the booth (didn't think no one in place would notice?) and what's with her crawling on floor?