List of all the unsolved mysteries (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Cipher
RR Diner Member

Re: List of all the unsolved mysteries (SPOILERS)

Post by Cipher »

DoppelBocker wrote:Episode 15 Questions:
Ed/Nadine: Still married right before she arrives at gas station with shovel? (Married yet separated perhaps? After Season 2 hard believe this not in distant past) If not what's kept him from being with Norma? Note he burned few episodes back?
I assumed they'd still been married all this time, dispassionately as ever. This episode seemed to imply as much, and nothing in the previous ones contradicts it.
Convenience Store (presume is same place from episode 8 as well as place Jeffries references in FWWM ; wallpaper also same as room laura entered through in painting tremont lady gave her in FWWM before entering black lodge in dream): why called the dutchman? is there an area mr. C walked past similar to room laura entered? Seems be source of electrical disturbance seen in various electrical lines throughout country??? what was the function of switch woodsmen pulled down? what's with motel?
The episode seems to imply the convenience store can be anywhere; it fades out of the woods, and I doubt Richard followed Cooper all the way down to New Mexico, where we last saw it. Why the Dutchman? Who knows; maybe that's the name of the motel. As far as the motel being there at all, my guess-theory is that the Black Lodge accumulates emotionally resonant locations connected to it, or at least shadows of them. That's the motel where Teresa Banks was killed.
Jeffries: Function of teakettle like thing jeffries talked out of and does it resemble device in episode 3? Reason Jeffries no longer humanoid form from story standpoint? where did jeffries originally disappear at? dopplecoop perhaps never met jude so when did cooper? whose jude and why not talk about? who called coop 5 days before? (jeffries only spoke to ray)
The Judy/call details seem destined for answers due to foregrounded plot importance. As far as Jeffries' current form, he seems to have become a distillation of uncanny domestic horror after twenty-five years moving through the lodges; I doubt it'll ever be explained on a story level, but it's as fitting as anything as the ultimate fate of one moving through a dimension of pure Lynchian horror.
coordinates: where do coordinates ray gave mr. C lead? (assuming not same as on ruth's arm?); coordinates jeffrey gives mr. c?
Bluepine mountain, perhaps? Either way, we're destined to get the answer for this before the season ends, as it's a major plot point.
cell phone: Vegas??? (Mr. C. not call Mr. Todd 2nd time so why order the hit?); what's with the past 2 messages diane intercepted as well?
I read that as checking in with Hutch and Chantal, but it could have been sent to Diane too. He's discussed Vegas with both of them.
log lady: who is on bluepine mtn?
Probably the same entity indicated by the circle on Hawk's map/Briggs' note/Cooper's playing card, which has been seen several times under the moon and over one of the peaks.
odd lady: What's with those bikers rudely putting her out of the booth (didn't think no one in place would notice?) and what's with her crawling on floor?
I doubt this was an intended mystery so much as a tonal capper and another example of one of Twin Peaks' drugged youth.
The Archivist
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Archivist »

I was surprised they didn't follow up on James' scene from episode 14. He was about to open the door that sound came from... and in episode 15, they're at the Roadhouse. I hope this will end up making sense :D
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

The Archivist wrote:I was surprised they didn't follow up on James' scene from episode 14. He was about to open the door that sound came from... and in episode 15, they're at the Roadhouse. I hope this will end up making sense :D
Maybe the scenes are not in order?
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

[quoteI] By Cipher :
assumed they'd still been married all this time, dispassionately as ever. This episode seemed to imply as much, and nothing in the previous ones contradicts it.][/quote]

Yeah, I noticed a ring on Nadine's finger so that seems to confirm it. Quite odd that they'd still be married all this time as Ed seemed to be pretty actively pursuing Norma in Season 2 (guilt trip over hunting accident reason hadn't gone with Norma in 80's not so much season 2). Must live separately perhaps as can't see them living together 25 more years and Ed was pursuing Norma in earlier episode was he not? Just odd but is what is.
The episode seems to imply the convenience store can be anywhere; it fades out of the woods, and I doubt Richard followed Cooper all the way down to New Mexico, where we last saw it. Why the Dutchman? Who knows; maybe that's the name of the motel. As far as the motel being there at all, my guess-theory is that the Black Lodge accumulates emotionally resonant locations connected to it, or at least shadows of them. That's the motel where Teresa Banks was killed.
Are you sure that's the same motel? If so very interesting.

I posted my theory of lodges and Convenience Store here after thinking things over more: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3764&start=15 (I like your guess theory and like to meld it with mine especially if this is the same hotel Theresa Banks was shot at)

As for location of Convenience Store, I'm guessing it's in set location but not there all the time. Cooper perhaps found it from coordinates Ray gave him (coordinates he lied claiming got from Hasting's secretary who probably had no idea what Mr. Hastings up to but felt pressured by Mr. C. to claim had something) right before Mr. C shot him.

by The Archivist
I was surprised they didn't follow up on James' scene from episode 14. He was about to open the door that sound came from... and in episode 15, they're at the Roadhouse. I hope this will end up making sense :D

I read 1 theory that James and Freddy in prison was set-up in advance after James encountered source of hum... Not sure I think this makes sense though.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

I'd still like to know what the NYC box is all about

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

DoppelBocker wrote:
By Cipher :
assumed they'd still been married all this time, dispassionately as ever. This episode seemed to imply as much, and nothing in the previous ones contradicts it.]
Yeah, I noticed a ring on Nadine's finger so that seems to confirm it. Quite odd that they'd still be married all this time as Ed seemed to be pretty actively pursuing Norma in Season 2 (guilt trip over hunting accident reason hadn't gone with Norma in 80's not so much season 2). Must live separately perhaps as can't see them living together 25 more years and Ed was pursuing Norma in earlier episode was he not? Just odd but is what is.

The season 2 mess was while Nadine was dating Mike and was having her "I'm still in High School" breakdown. It's not much better, but it's a sign of how much Ed grasped at it the last time she told him he was free. That's why he was reluctant when she told him this time, but the part which ended on Ed eating alone added to the fact that we continually saw Nadine alone and beaming at Jacoby's image told us Nadine had been growing away from him for some time now. And he wasn't pursuing Norma, he was just having dinner with her at the diner as a friend, like he told Bobby.

The situation with Ed and Nadine and Norma has just gone on so long it looks like they all settled into a routine again. I see no evidence Nadine and Ed weren't living together, but it looks like they both were spending more nights at their businesses than at home anymore. This has been building for a while, it's the culmination of the Nadine subplot this season. Doesn't seem odd to me, esp for a family where the wife is getting a new business started up.
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

Yeah, it is what it is. A long time-period to fill in the gaps no doubt though. Ed and Norma maintained a rapport all this time... :D

Here's my questions after watching episode 16:
Cell Phone Messages From Mr. C: "Around the Dinner Table the Conversation is Lively"; "Did they Ask About Vegas?"; "Vegas"?; "All"

Diane: what was with her reaction to "all" (seemed trigger memory of full sequence of numbers) as well as getting all panicky telling her full story as if suddenly became aware that a tulpa? Are tulpa's self-aware entities or simply emanations from a central source? (Good Coop seemed not hesitate to create another for a purpose as if they not really a self-aware entity but merely a reflection of one that is in which central source picks up all their memories?) what happened at the "convenience store" mr. c. brought her to and what sheriff station is real diane at?

Coordinates from 3 People: Ray, Diane's tulpa, and Jeffries? 2 that match from who and what happened to Richard? (Jerry around so presume this wrong coordinate near Twin Peaks as well); where does correct one lead?

what made coop wake up??? (hum started just randomly);;; "Seed" (golden ball from dougie)=source of tupla? once destroyed another needs be created? (coop pulls peice hair out and gives to mike)

Neighbor Across Street: What the heck?

audrey: was this supposed to be a memory of actual bands playing at the roadhouse? (a fight broke out so assuming really happened?); again, where is audrey actually and what's with her situation? Does Richard's passing have something to do with her coming to?

Sonny Jim and Richard: Both kids fathered by a tulpa? Is doppleganger a tulpa?

Edit More Questions:
What was that otherworldly weapon that disintegrated Richard?

Theories on how good coop waking up suddenly able to fuse all of past memories before S2 finale with memories post-arrival at Jade's in season 3? (able make sense of janey-E and son right away) How much does good coop remember from the last 25 years of being in the lodge? How able to bear such a long wait if fully conscious all that time?
Last edited by DoppelBocker on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Who put the owl ring on dougies finger and removed his wedding ring (presuming BadCoop or an envoy?)

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

KyleRickards wrote:Who put the owl ring on dougies finger and removed his wedding ring (presuming BadCoop or an envoy?)

I mean...when we first meet him wearing the ring, he's with a woman named Jade...Mark referred to the ring as jade several times in TSHoTP. :shock: Could the nicest character in the show be something more sinister? She seems to have a sort of knowing/self-satisfied look when she mails back the key IIRC.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:Who put the owl ring on dougies finger and removed his wedding ring (presuming BadCoop or an envoy?)

I mean...when we first meet him wearing the ring, he's with a woman named Jade...Mark referred to the ring as jade several times in TSHoTP. :shock: Could the nicest character in the show be something more sinister? She seems to have a sort of knowing/self-satisfied look when she mails back the key IIRC.
I'll be surprised if we see her again which is a shame

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

KyleRickards wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:

I'll be surprised if we see her again which is a shame

After seeing Naido come back, I guess nothing will surprise me anymore.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

mtwentz wrote:After seeing Naido come back, I guess nothing will surprise me anymore.
DKL: "Hold my fine bordeaux."
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

Pertaining to the question for how coop woke up found few interesting threads pertaining to fan theorizing well before episode 16 aired gives plenty chew on(neither totally true but I think parts are):
Time being the factor that woke him up as well as glass box being trap: https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... rple_room/

Comment on Switch Naido pulls in episode 3 pertaining to switching from between DC and AC currents and alternative reason perhaps why Coop in comatose like state when arrives in place of Dougie: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/discuss/t ... tice-this/

All I think can be ascertained for sure is that the hum starts after Coop's keychain arrives back at the Great Northern (315). Kind of funny the numbers on the outlets in episode 3 are 15 before Naido pulls switch and falls into space changing it to 3 (15 then 3 just 315 backwards). Trying to correlate these actual details with fan theories in above 2 threads I think is the answer to the question on what put Coop in comatose state and what made him wake up (not so sure if being diverted from doppleganger to tulpa had anything do with comatose state on arrival nor with delay in terms of waking up so I think above 2 threads probably have a partially true explanation in some points).

So many questions glad can leave this one alone now.
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

Wow, don't know if I feel let down by last 2 episodes or not. Just kind of like what the heck? Here goes...

Episode 17:
The Plan:
Gordon/Coop/Major Brigg's Plan to Find Judy: When did this happen? (presumably between camping trip coop took with brigg's and last episode of season 2?); Gordon Cole keeps mum on this for 25 years expecting to hear back from Coop so what was this plan exactly??? (reason Cole kept quiet since everyone who searches for Judy disappears but seems to not keep quiet when doesn't hear back from coop)

Brigg's: At what timepoint did Major Brigg's encounter Judy? (According to Gordon Cole Jou-De is an extreme negative force from ancient names later known as Judy) When did Major Brigg's dissappear? (presumably after fire set by Mr. C. he escaped leaving clues in chair that went along with plan hatched with Coop and Gordon going into self-imposed hibernation in that alternate area seen in Buckhorne expecting be found eventually either by Coop and Cole or white lodge guiding sheriff's officer's to him)
Why did things go wrong for Brigg's when Hasting's and Ruth gave him the coordinates he asked for? What was with Dougie's wedding ring in Brigg's stomach? (presuming happened after things went wrong; this trap by black lodge resulted in Dougie assuming the owl ring)

Jeffries: What story behind point at which he disappeared? (Cole says he not exist in normal sense after)

Coop: When did Coop tell Cole that if he disappears to do everything could do to find him? What he mean by trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone? (Cole remembering this diverts into saying 2 coops segues away from this original question)

DoppleCoop: What did he want when went to White Lodge entrance and how did major brigg's head arrive there? (giant has net in place weed out those not want and can choose where to send them back to earth; since missing brigg's head is at the white lodge movie room assume this means gave giant the warning dopple C. to show up) Why the Judy icon on map Hawke showed in earlier episode and why Mr. C. after? Is the tree at the white lodge entrance the image MFAP now trying to replicate?

Fireman's Plan: What with the whole randomly involving guy from England with a green glove??? In regards getting everyone together at right place, was this done through omnipresent knowledge of past/future or just taking the plan Brigg's had and practically going along with things that happened? (Example: Sherriff arrived at entrance at designated time bringing Diane's asian vessel to jailcell. Coop fullfills rest of plan hatched with brigg's and cole arriving at station giving boss strange note to readoff saying fullfilling plan he, gordon, and cole hatched; Mr. C walks into trap after arriving at correct coordinates with giant predicting how things play out)

The Return:
Coop's Message: note arrives saying 2:53 number of completion equaling 10 so heading to truman's station; kind of wierd message...
Again what has he been up to all these years? Seems bit off...

Jailhouse:
-what is biting people turning them to zombies??? Will Chard become one?

Bob:
Is Bob gone for good? (metaphysical orb broke from energy surrounding glove so assuming is but as a spirit where go?)

Dreamer:
Superimposed Dreamer face (occurs when looks at Diane's disguise) mean what?

Events Occurring after dreamer face appears:
Looks like there's some sort of physical wall when coop reaches out to touch Diane what's with this? (Next, Diane's disguise is shed and she's back) Was Diane's disguise a tulpa?
Next he asks her if remember everyone; what mean by this?

clock back/forth showing time isn't moving correctly anymore eliciting live inside dream from dreamer;;;; After this, why coop say hope sees everyone again?

what causes 3 of them to be transported to Great Northern? (actually physically transported?); his room the source of the hum and now in maitenance area?

Entering door 315 one armed man gives magician phrase again why do it now? Next, goes through same area Mr. C. went through in earlier episode and see Jumping Man running down stairs after they make it to the top? (What heck?) Looks like they enter to see Jeffries through diff. door than Mr. C did?

Conversation with Jeffries:
Jeffries is dissipating it seems (tells be specific when asked for name; says getting slippery in teapot when given date; seems think coop asked about finding Judy already but he didn't then trails off saying "might be someone...")

What's important about feb. 23 1989? What unofficial version Cole able give?

Where to find judy? owl cave saymbol turns into 8 then reversed having a dot moved around it whatever that mean (only thing can tell is tells coop go through this doorway and one armed man utters electricity)

TimeTravel:
Coops travel back in time is he doing so physically or just a viewer from another plane of reality?
Replaying of FWWM scenes to create some sort of new meaning to narrative? Why is Coop able to reach out to Laura's physical self in the past; is he changing the past actually or just diverting both them into alternate universe? laura is ripped away from coop why?

Sarah's mom is upset unable destroy photo so unsure what make of this scene?

Episode 18:
What happened to Doppleganger? (same as tulpa???)

Red Room:
Coop is guided back to red room presumably by one armed man after losing Laura? how get back there?

After One Armed man again utters "is it future, is it past" a replaying of scenes from Episode 3 before coop exits the lodge reshaping narrative how?

What does laura utter in coop's ear causing her get yanked out?

Diane and Coop:
-How'd she know to walk from Great Northern to Lodge entrance when? What is their plan exactly and why Coop so unfreindly now? (thought a doppleganger again)

430; Richard and Linda:
Where did this 430 mile guideline come from why? richard and linda=identities Diane and Coop seem have in this alternate universe or timeline?
What's with 2nd Diane we see at the Motel?
Again why coop so unfreindly? Seems odd have sex scene after crossing over given circumstances in as well as her seeming upset covering his face up what up with this?
(reincarnation); why coop not turn into richard but diane turns into linda next morning and why motel change to hotel? Did this hotel show up anywhere else? (motel did as the one the convenience store linked up to for some reason...)

Alternate Places:
This diner being named Judy's significant how? (Presumably this new alternate life laura living in another time in history. Odd works at place called Judy's.)

The Tremont's and Chalfronts familiar names also put into unfamiliar context as arrive at laura's house. What's up with this?

What year is this?

Post-Episode 18:
So many loose ends left hanging can't beleive Lynch wouldn't have wanted do a season 4 leaving like this especially with laura whispering something in coop's ear.
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

After seeing the full season 3, all I can say in this thread is LOL.