When do you think will "Dougie" snap back to being Cooper? (Spoilers)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Re: When do you think will "Dougie" snap back to being Cooper? (Spoilers)

Post by dronerstone »

Mr. Strawberry wrote:
dronerstone wrote:
Mr. Strawberry wrote: I'm sorry dronerstone, that is not the correct answer.

The answer to the question

"Are We Not Men?"

is

"...Not Men...".
wtf?

even says so here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_We_No ... e_Are_Devo!

sorry for the OT post.
I was just having some fun with you, 'cause you know, if one were to ask Dougie, "Are we not men?!"...
Dougiejones
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I've grown to be semi-fond of Dougie, but one thing that's annoyed me is that his "powers" have been inconsistent. He's got the continual calls from Gerard, but aside from the green flash on Tony, the working through of the insurance claims, and battling Ike, we've not had any progression with that aspect of the character.

As for when/if he'll snap back, I think it's going to happen, but perhaps not until the final two episodes, not long enough for Cooper to be involved in a storyline in any significant way.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Yup.

And if he DOES wake up, which is what I believe based on those promos, I'm still wondering about WHAT will make him do so.

Pie and coffee certainly didn't help.

Maybe meeting Albert and Gordon will trigger some?

What would happen if Gordon greets him with their "old friend" code that Mr C got wrong...? That might just do the trick.
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

dronerstone wrote:Maybe meeting Albert and Gordon will trigger some?
Maybe Cooper just needs a wake-up call from Gordon. Who could stay asleep during Gordon's shouting? :mrgreen:

I've lost hope that Cooper will wake up before the finale. I thought he would wake up in Parts 12 or 13 so that there was still one third of the series left with the real Cooper, but now I think there's no intention of showing us Cooper's return to his old self, so we will probably only get a few moments in the finale :(
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

he will wake up ... soon! give 1-2 weeks tops.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Yeah, I still don't believe for a second it will be a last scene thing or we'll see the Doppelganger defeated before he returns. One thing that strikes me is that if Cooper were awake, the entire Vegas plot would have been done in half an episode. There are a lot of moments in South Dakota and Twin Peaks where I kept thinking that an active Cooper would connect this and resolve it quickly. And even though the pace is increasing, there is so much left to wrap up that some people have doubts aboutlt the runtime.

That's why I think his wakeup will be in the next two eps or beginning of 17 rather than near the end if 18. And he will have a significant effect on the plot. His wakeup is primed to be the Plot Point of No Return. When he snaps back his actions will increase the pace exponentially, and move the major plots towards a resolution and probably sweep up some of the sideplots as well. (Though I bet Billy's fate will remain unknown.)
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

crazyscottishguy wrote:he will wake up ... soon! give 1-2 weeks tops.
What if he wakes up during the last 2 minutes of Part 18?

"What is your name?"
"Dale Cooper."

Starring Kyle MacLachlan.

I'd be ok with that, but I certainly hope we're in for some serious Coop action (which seems more and more unlikely with every "Dougie" part).
Cipher
RR Diner Member

Post by Cipher »

Ragnell wrote:That's why I think his wakeup will be in the next two eps or beginning of 17 rather than near the end if 18. And he will have a significant effect on the plot. His wakeup is primed to be the Plot Point of No Return. When he snaps back his actions will increase the pace exponentially, and move the major plots towards a resolution and probably sweep up some of the sideplots as well. (Though I bet Billy's fate will remain unknown.)
This is true. At this point a lucid Cooper's knowledge would have to expedite the solving of a number of mysteries that now seem primed to play into the climax of the show. The Twin Peaks crew and the FBI both only have fractions of the knowledge of all the Lodge weirdness going on around them. Cooper is more or less aware of the whole thing.
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

dronerstone wrote:
crazyscottishguy wrote:he will wake up ... soon! give 1-2 weeks tops.
What if he wakes up during the last 2 minutes of Part 18?

"What is your name?"
"Dale Cooper."
that won't be the case
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

My current guess: When the crew returns to Jack Rabbit's Palace in two days, Dale will be with them. This time he will be the one transported and he will receive an information "download" like Andy did, and he will be awake. The scene that opened the new season will then take place, and Dale will understand his final mission. I suspect this will happen in hour 16 or the beginning of hour 17, as whatever Dale's mission is will still take some time unfold.
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

AgentEcho wrote: I suspect this will happen in hour 16 or the beginning of hour 17
;)
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

AgentEcho wrote:My current guess: When the crew returns to Jack Rabbit's Palace in two days, Dale will be with them. This time he will be the one transported and he will receive an information "download" like Andy did, and he will be awake. The scene that opened the new season will then take place, and Dale will understand his final mission. I suspect this will happen in hour 16 or the beginning of hour 17, as whatever Dale's mission is will still take some time unfold.
very possible. i like this idea.. remember that shot from the trailer with what looked like Cooper being led by MIKE from what many of us supposed to be the lodge? something might very well happen that gets Dale back in there and then transported to the place where the coordinates lead (which is probably Jack Rabbit's Palace)
Terence
Roadhouse Member

Post by Terence »

What a great idea yeah..Cooper might join the Hawk Andy Bobby & Frank when going to jack rabbits place.

But aren't they suppose to go 2 days in a row meaning they next after part 14 they will go there again.
But i bet we will not see this on part 15.

Also we still have to have someone i guess get Dale from Vegas, So im not sure he will be there for next jack rabbits visit..

I would think Gordon & Albert will go to Cooper in Las Vegas for sure seeing as they have rang & told them agents to find Dougie & hes wife.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Terence wrote: But aren't they suppose to go 2 days in a row meaning they next after part 14 they will go there again.
yes, what we saw in ep. 14 was October 1 and the other date was October 2.. but remember that two days took 6 episodes to play out the last time hehe
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Terence wrote:What a great idea yeah..Cooper might join the Hawk Andy Bobby & Frank when going to jack rabbits place.

But aren't they suppose to go 2 days in a row meaning they next after part 14 they will go there again.

Also we still have to have someone i guess get Dale from Vegas, So im not sure he will be there for next jack rabbits visit..

I would think Gordon & Albert will go to Cooper in Las Vegas for sure seeing as they have rang & told them agents to find Dougie & hes wife.
Was it the next day? I thought it was two days apart, but I didn't verify. I looked up a screenshot and Frank's thumb is covering the second date.

If it's the next day it definitely leaves very little time for Dale to get to Twin Peaks, but given how non-chronological a lot of the the editing is, the FBI closing in on "Douglas Jones" may not be happening the same day as the first trip to Jack Rabbit's palace.