Discussion of the "Titles" (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Re: Discussion of the "Titles" (SPOILERS)

Post by Ragnell »

Jonah wrote:
dud wrote:anyone else get the feeling that "no knock, no doorbell" might be the first line spoken by an unexpected cameo, like ontkean?
That would be amazing!
Spoiler:
I had assumed it referred to the
Spoiler:
infamous spoiled scene that TMZ and others picked up on, but now I'm wondering if that scene might not come in the finale (ha, remember when some of us hoped it might be the opening scene to the first episode?), so who knows.
There's something a little odd about the sentence.
Almost Dougie-like maybe?
Y'know, I'm thinking it might be Hutch who says it when they get to the Jones house. "You wanna just go in and grab him? No knock no doorbell."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hmmm, yes. Could be.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Daliz
Roadhouse Member

Post by Daliz »

It could also be someone answering another person's query as to whether someone has visited him, or been at his door.

"Are you SURE no-one's been at your door today?"
"Yes. No knock, no doorbell"

Maybe someones looking for Billy :D
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Ha!

It just came to me or of the blue and makes perfect sense!

"NO KNOCK!!!! NO DOORBELL!!!!! WHAT KIND OF BEHAVIOUR IS THAT!!!!!!!" - Janey-E yelling angrily at Hutch/Chantal

:)

Right?
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

I still think it is a sign posted at a house where a terminally ill person (Harry Truman) is trying to rest. I can't see them not wrapping up his story in this next part.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

BigEd wrote:I still think it is a sign posted at a house where a terminally ill person (Harry Truman) is trying to rest. I can't see them not wrapping up his story in this next part.
Carl Rodd: "WHAT does the sign say? NO knock! NO doorbell! Before..nine...ay...EM!!"
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
BigEd wrote:I still think it is a sign posted at a house where a terminally ill person (Harry Truman) is trying to rest. I can't see them not wrapping up his story in this next part.
Carl Rodd: "WHAT does the sign say? NO knock! NO doorbell! Before..nine...ay...EM!!"
It just means like more shit he's gotta do now. You see what I mean?
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Re: No Knock, No Doorbell

Russian leaks
Spoiler:
Based on the Russian episode descriptions, I'm going to guess Diane says this when she's telling her whole story about Cooper to Cole.
Last edited by chromereflectsimage on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

dronerstone wrote:Ha!

It just came to me or of the blue and makes perfect sense!

"NO KNOCK!!!! NO DOORBELL!!!!! WHAT KIND OF BEHAVIOUR IS THAT!!!!!!!" - Janey-E yelling angrily at Hutch/Chantal

:)

Right?
Hutch just spent some time rationalizing that what he does is no worse than what the government does, he might be inclined to argue with Janey-E when she yells at them.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

chromereflectsimage wrote:Re: No Knock, No Doorbell
Spoiler:
Based on the Russian episode descriptions, I'm going to guess Diane says this when she's telling her whole story about Cooper to Cole.
Dude, please announce WHAT kind of spoiler it is, at least when you are talking about those Russian "leaks".

Some are definitely not gonna like this...
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

dronerstone wrote:
chromereflectsimage wrote:Re: No Knock, No Doorbell

Russian leak mentioned
Spoiler:
Dude, please announce WHAT kind of spoiler it is, at least when you are talking about those Russian "leaks".

Some are definitely not gonna like this...
Edited it
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Thanks! :)
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

My provider (U-Verse) now has listed descriptions instead of titles for parts 1 to 7 for the upcoming replay this Sunday. Parts 8 to 18 are still just titles. So, no worries, no spoilers.

Part 1 says: "In the Black Lodge, the Giant tells Cooper to listen to the sounds." What? Black Lodge? Whatever.

Some of the descriptions are humorous. Like: "A realtor enjoys time with a sex worker."

So who the hell did these descriptions? They don't seem sanctioned.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

wxray wrote:My provider (U-Verse) now has listed descriptions instead of titles for parts 1 to 7 for the upcoming replay this Sunday. Parts 8 to 18 are still just titles. So, no worries, no spoilers.

Part 1 says: "In the Black Lodge, the Giant tells Cooper to listen to the sounds." What? Black Lodge? Whatever.

Some of the descriptions are humorous. Like: "A realtor enjoys time with a sex worker."

Jade is the realtor, right? Is Dougie the sex worker? :shock: :lol:
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
wxray wrote:My provider (U-Verse) now has listed descriptions instead of titles for parts 1 to 7 for the upcoming replay this Sunday. Parts 8 to 18 are still just titles. So, no worries, no spoilers.

Jade is the realtor, right? Is Dougie the sex worker? :shock: :lol:
I think Lynch wrote those descriptions himself.

Can you tell us the other descriptions?