RR Diner Member

Re: Discussion of the "Titles"

Post by BigEd »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Upcoming Parts:
Part 9: "This is the chair"
Part 10: "Laura is the one"
Part 11: "There's fire where you are going"
Part 12: "Let's rock"
All right, let's make this interesting. Let's follow the OP's example and lay our predictions out there prior to the episodes airing.

Part 9: "This is the chair" = we finally meet Linda and see that wheel chair that the F**king Government took months to get her

Part 10: "Laura is the one" = lodge Laura returns to the red room and, repeating Michael's attempt, finally wakes DougieCoop up by bonking him on the head with a [strike]sandbag[/strike]
Spoiler:
left over golden orb
Part 11: "There's fire where you are going" = evilcoop is sent to hell to pay for his actions

Part 12: "Let's rock" = either the return of Chet Desmond or Tammy disappears and her car is found with "Let's Rock" on the windshield

Winners get the sewhite2000 virtual trophies each week! :lol: (somebody good with photoshop should step up to this challenge)
sewhite2000 wrote:Oh my gosh,......all of you can let me know I was right and you were wrong.
manalicream
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Discussion of the "Titles"

Post by manalicream »

dud wrote:title for part 13 is up on Showtime's website: "What story is that, Charlie?"

episode doesn't have its own page yet but it can be seen on the schedule
We haven't met anyone called Charlie yet right?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

nope, don't think so
DamnFineCreamedCorn
Roadhouse Member

Post by DamnFineCreamedCorn »

Part 9
Dave Macklay: This is the chair.
Hank Fillmore: Chair? [laughs] Chip ain't got no chair!
I've already gone places. I just want to stay where I am.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Re: Discussion of the "Titles" (SPOILERS)

Post by laughingpinecone »

I've finally settled on my complete (so far) list of Improved TPTR Episode Descriptions:

Part 1: It’s a world of truck drivers…
Part 2: You follow human nature perfectly.
Part 3: The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence… how about a truckload full of Valium
Part 4: My family, my friend, I have criss-crossed this great land of our countless times. I hold a map of it here, in my heart next to the joyful memories of the carefree days I spent as a young boy here in your beautiful town of Twin Peaks. From Alexandria, Virginia to Stockton, California. I think about Lewis and his friend Clark, the first Caucasians to see this part of the world; their footsteps have been the highways and byways of my days on the road. My shadow is always with me, sometimes ahead, sometimes behind, sometimes to the left or sometimes to the right. Except on cloudy days or at night.
Part 5: Shovel your way out of the shit and into the truth. Dig yourself out of the shit! $29.99! That’s right! Only $29.99 plus shipping. Accept no substitutes. Get yours now!
Part 6: FUCK GENE KELLY YOU MOTHERFUCKER
Part 7: He moved like a cobra
Part 8: [ominous whooshing]

There! :lol:
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member

Post by DeepBlueSeed »

BigEd wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Upcoming Parts:
Part 9: "This is the chair"
Part 10: "Laura is the one"
Part 11: "There's fire where you are going"
Part 12: "Let's rock"
All right, let's make this interesting. Let's follow the OP's example and lay our predictions out there prior to the episodes airing.

Part 9: "This is the chair" = we finally meet Linda and see that wheel chair that the F**king Government took months to get her
I have been wondering whether there are any important chairs so far. Linda's wheelchair IS a possibility. I was also wondering about the chair in which a DJ was horribly murdered in, back in 1956. I struggle to think of any other chairs we've seen or heard of that are in any way important.

"This is the chair" does sound quite similar to "This is the well..." - maybe we'll get a new poem? "This is the chair, this is the cushion, make yourself comfortable and relax..."
"The stories that I wanna tell you about... "
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Maybe Linda disappears or is killed and someone says "this is the chair" while pointing at her leftover wheelchair...?
"Richard and Linda" - two birds with one stone.

Can't wait! ;)
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

- Interesting that "Laura is the one" is going to air on July 16th - the anniversary of the Trinity bomb. It's also the GoT premiere, so I wonder if they have something especially crazy planned for this part of the story.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Hester Prynne wrote:- Interesting that "Laura is the one" is going to air on July 16th - the anniversary of the Trinity bomb. It's also the GoT premiere, so I wonder if they have something especially crazy planned for this part of the story.
I'm sure they had no idea on what dates each episode would air when writing them or even in the editing phase. They certainly didn't know which episodes would be running against specific GoT episodes.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

(Sorry, wrong thread. Never post before coffee)
Last edited by laughingpinecone on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
PeaksCarnivaleLost
Roadhouse Member

Post by PeaksCarnivaleLost »

Gotta Light is pretty clunky.

Gotta is short for 'Got To' not 'Got A'

Let's Rock -- I'm putting my money on the closing scene at the Roadhouse/Bang Bang !!!

Lynch has been f'in with us all season (not a complaint!!) and I think this will be just that, "Let's Rock" to a tune.

James saying it to Shelley right before credits roll.

love to type more but

Gotta Go!!!
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

PeaksCarnivaleLost wrote:Gotta Light is pretty clunky.

Gotta is short for 'Got To' not 'Got A'

Let's Rock -- I'm putting my money on the closing scene at the Roadhouse/Bang Bang !!!

Lynch has been f'in with us all season (not a complaint!!) and I think this will be just that, "Let's Rock" to a tune.

James saying it to Shelley right before credits roll.

love to type more but

Gotta Go!!!
got·ta
contractioninformal

have got a.
"I gotta licence"

have got to.
"you gotta be careful"
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I'm sure it's unrelated (although, who thought Nancy's Halloween visit to Laura would be referenced in the new season?)....but the 12/16/87 entry in TSDoLP includes the sentence "There was the chair" very near the end of the entry.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Just for kicks, has anyone been following the CommercialsIHate mystery on Reddit? :lol:

Supposedly the poem from Episode 8 appeared at the bottom of this site before it actually aired. There's now new language added to the bottom of the site that states, "around the dinner table the conversation is lively" and then it's repeated again in all caps. I've attached the Reddit and Commercials I Hate link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... kes_again/

http://www.commercialsihate.com/a-quest ... 24904.html

- Don't know if this has been debunked, but thought it would be fun to pass along in case that chair shows up at a dinner table.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

DougieCooper winds up at the psychiatrists office because he's been acting so strange. The chair will be in the psychiatrists office. The psychiatrist will struggle to get DougieCoop to sit down. This is my prediction for the title "This is the chair. "