Crazy Credits (Possible spoilers)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Crazy Credits (Possible spoilers)

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

So, aside from the cast list and song list, the credits seem to be for the overall series and not episode-specific, right? E.g., the "Film France" credit is on every episode even though we haven't seen a scene in France. Every episode has featured a credit saying clips from the original show are courtesy of CBS....and also a credit saying FWWM is courtesy of MK2. Unless I'm mistaken, we haven't seen any clips from FWWM yet (although the ring and regurgitated creamed corn have been front and center).
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Indeed, pretty sure the credits are the same after each part. Except off course the actors and the 'dedicated to' bits.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Another interesting thing is that a Polish company called 'Fundacja Sztuki Swiata' is acknowledged in the credits.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Credits still playing coy with Shelly's surname. She remains simply "Shelly."

Conversely, Norma still is keeping Hank's last name 20-odd years after his knifing in prison. (Conveniently avoiding the Smythe/Blackburne/Lindstrom question.)
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

The guy vincent castellanos was credited as 'federico' in part 5. I remember him from Mullholland Drive, but didn't spot him here. Anybody?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Crazy Credits (Possible spoilers)

Post by Panapaok »

Mairzy wrote:The guy vincent castellanos was credited as 'federico' in part 5. I remember him from Mullholland Drive, but didn't spot him here. Anybody?
He is the guy who asks Richard to stop smoking in the Roadhouse.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Soo, Norma Jennings and Nadine Hurley. Safe to assume that Big Ed is still married to Nadine?

Becky is married to Steven, so we don't get to know if she is a Briggs. She's probably Bobby's daughter but who knows.

Amy Shiels is just the girl in pink? I thought she had a big role, it'd be hilarious if that's it for her. Probably not, though.
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Crazy Credits (Possible spoilers)

Post by Mairzy »

Panapaok wrote:
Mairzy wrote:The guy vincent castellanos was credited as 'federico' in part 5. I remember him from Mullholland Drive, but didn't spot him here. Anybody?
He is the guy who asks Richard to stop smoking in the Roadhouse.
Thanks
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Anyone else notice the French Tax Rebate for International Production credit at the end of every episode (you have to shoot in France for a minimum of five days to get access to that tax refund, I believe, based on my minimal research).
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Rudagger wrote:Anyone else notice the French Tax Rebate for International Production credit at the end of every episode (you have to shoot in France for a minimum of five days to get access to that tax refund, I believe, based on my minimal research).
Well, you did the math correctly. Not sure about the five days, though.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Awaiting part 6, an update:
- after part 5 we saw 115 actors from the announced cast list
- we are yet to see 101 actors, if they aren't editie out
- I think at least 10 of those 101 are musicians that are going to perform in the Roadhouse
- we already saw 8 characters that received credit but weren't on the announced cast list: Kathleen Deming, Redford Westwood, Erica Eynon, Steve Baker, Andrea Leal, Giselle Damier, Frank Silva (archieve footage) and Don S. Davis (archieve footage)
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

So, in my new weekly tradition, I will note that Sheryl Lee appears to be credited solely for her appearance in the main title (unlike the original, where she wasn't credited in episodes where she appeared only as the end credits image).

Cue someone pointing out that a photo of Laura was glimpsed briefly in a reflection in a window for two frames, so she was technically in the episode proper. :lol:

I'm genuinely shocked that we've seen so little of Laura thus far. I imagine she'll have a big role as the show builds steam, but I didn't expect DKL to bench his favorite for this long.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, it looks like Sheryl will be the only one besides Kyle that is credited for every single part. That certainly reinforces the fact that Laura Palmer and Twin Peaks are symbiotic.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

Hawk has still been in every episode so far.
vawriter

Post by vawriter »

So Nafessa Williams was credited as Jade in Part 6, although I don't recall seeing her.