The Random Season 3 Thread

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: The Random Season 3 Thread

Post by Soolsma »

I believe the spirals depicted on the owl cave map are the very same as the ones leading to the Fireman's and the convenience store.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote:
Kilmoore wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I just realized today that the Owl Cave wasn't mentioned at all in Season 3. That was one of mysterious parts of the Twin Peaks mythology and I always wanted to know its history since it was a pretty big deal in Season 2
Lynch and Frost didn't watch that bit of the originals, so I doubt they remembered it existed.
I remember Owl Cave being mentioned in TSHOTP
I actually think Hawk does speak about Owl cave in season 3 in conjunction with his map. Besides that, there are numerous visual references to what was found there. I would say that between the book and season 3 that aspect of the mythology was covered heavily.
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

Soolsma wrote:I believe the spirals depicted on the owl cave map are the very same as the ones leading to the Fireman's and the convenience store.
yeah i think this is correct. I wish I could find the annotation of the map someone made after season 3. it showed how a lot of the symbols in the map may refer to concepts introduced in season 3 like the portals or the frog-moth. one of the reasons I think mark at least may keep a twin peaks bible if they truly didn't go back and watch the whole series.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

dreamshake wrote:
Soolsma wrote:I believe the spirals depicted on the owl cave map are the very same as the ones leading to the Fireman's and the convenience store.
yeah i think this is correct. I wish I could find the annotation of the map someone made after season 3. it showed how a lot of the symbols in the map may refer to concepts introduced in season 3 like the portals or the frog-moth. one of the reasons I think mark at least may keep a twin peaks bible if they truly didn't go back and watch the whole series.
"The Secret History" also makes it clear that the Fireman portal is located very close to Owl Cave.
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

Sooner or later, it had to happen ... So yeah, the cow jumped over the moon again, and … you guessed it, the cow was naked.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... rnova/?amp
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

At a local pub
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

Super cool Cooper pairs ... at record high North Pole temperature. Holy cow !
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6125 ... hed-again/
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

The spirit of the Log Lady is alive: "Our house is on fire" ... "I want you to panic."

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

This description on the Season 3 announcement video
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

https://ilovesplatter.com/2019/06/22/cr ... interview/

"Yeah, I don’t like to talk about The Return." - Ray Wise
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Do you have any idea if there was more in the script for him? Or any deleted scenes?

He does not seem to think too highly of The Return.
"I think it was made to burn very brightly for a very short period of time. Thirty episodes and then a movie … and then uh … "

I wonder if he's bitter about being given such a tiny role.
I'll see you in the trees
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There were one or two more minor scenes with Leland inside the Red Room. Nothing that would change anyone's mind about how small the part was.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

He comes across as rather disillusioned on the new show (the quote that most shocked me is when he says it’s “easy” to do what Lynch does, as long as you’re on Showtime!). The whole Wise/TP:TR dynamic is another odd piece of the puzzle. He was the first one to publically give any intimation that DKL had hinted that a new series was in the works, yet his role ended up being a glorified cameo. Still, he got a great showcase to revisit the role in Between Two Worlds. Hopefully he appreciates that and recognizes that the new show just didn’t really have much of a place for Leland.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Could he possibly be referring to it being easy to bring back characters, because there's more freedom in odd plot points?

I got the impression from the Blue Rose mag that he felt it should have been more like the original. And at cons, he refers to the whole thing as a "wish I had been in it more" deal.

Sucks as it does that he might outright hate it, you have to divorce actors from their properties and appreciate them on their terms. I long was rubbed wrong by Peggy Lipton when she said extremely negative things about FWWM, and I was honestly not expecting her to show up in the Return. And who knows, maybe she still hated FWWM while filming S3. Just like I find it hard to reconcile her approving of the Return but not FWWM, Wise has always been positive about FWWM but now seems negative about the Return, and that seems so confusing to me. In the end, everyone is unique I suppose. :o
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.