The Random Season 3 Thread

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: The Random Season 3 Thread

Post by Jerry Horne »

I think Twin Peaks takes place in the mind of Jimmy Stewart right before died.
Attachments
IMG_0603.jpg
IMG_0603.jpg (30.84 KiB) Viewed 11011 times
tumblr_n96779DWGS1rola9no1_500.jpg
tumblr_n96779DWGS1rola9no1_500.jpg (95.19 KiB) Viewed 11011 times
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 2.29.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 2.29.01 PM.png (327.1 KiB) Viewed 11011 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

34713691_1918382811515071_4241881934013136896_n.jpg
34713691_1918382811515071_4241881934013136896_n.jpg (69.04 KiB) Viewed 10957 times
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

This really gives me the creeps.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Well, Showtime hired Michel Gondry as director for their new series Kidding. It surely seems as if TPTR marked the direction for the territory they want to keep exploring. Not saying that Gondry is close to being as avant garde as opposed to mainstream like Lynch is, but he is surely a quirky director.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

bobcoop.png
bobcoop.png (46.15 KiB) Viewed 10784 times
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Lol :D
Last edited by krishnanspace on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Nikki.png
Nikki.png (814.69 KiB) Viewed 10627 times
Dale.png
Dale.png (211.59 KiB) Viewed 10627 times
During an Inland Empire rewatch, it was a real trip to see the protagonist's face superimposed over figures walking toward the viewer through darkness. I was immediately struck by its similarity to the infamous "We live inside a dream" scene from Twin Peaks, visually and otherwise.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Mr. Strawberry wrote:During an Inland Empire rewatch, it was a real trip to see the protagonist's face superimposed over figures walking toward the viewer through darkness. I was immediately struck by its similarity to the infamous "We live inside a dream" scene from Twin Peaks, visually and otherwise.
Wow! Great catch.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

The other day I watched "The Cowboy and the Frenchman" for the first time. Part of the story jumped out at me because it's repeated in The Return:

The Frenchman is telling the Foreman about how he ended up there at the ranch, relating that he got completely high out of his gourd, and while lost and confused, staggered into the wild, eventually wandering through the countryside for days and nights on end.

Sound familiar?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Was watching The Office when this happened :)
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Was reading about the Trinity test site and thought this was interesting:

"The desert sand, largely made of silica, melted and became a mildly radioactive light green glass which was named trinitite."

Apparently, some of it was sold to mineral collectors and even made into jewelry.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Re: The Random Season 3 Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by marchug »

Soolsma wrote: BTW any avid TV fan should have checked out channel 4's Utopia (2013). The darn thing is so underappreciated yet so brilliant, it doesn't even have any reviews on rotten tomatoes. I can not recommend it enough.
THANK YOU!!!! I just finished series 1. WOW! What a fantastic show. Thanks for turning me on to it!!!!
-23-
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

marchug wrote:
Soolsma wrote: BTW any avid TV fan should have checked out channel 4's Utopia (2013). The darn thing is so underappreciated yet so brilliant, it doesn't even have any reviews on rotten tomatoes. I can not recommend it enough.
THANK YOU!!!! I just finished series 1. WOW! What a fantastic show. Thanks for turning me on to it!!!!
No problem at all, glad you enjoy :D. Everyone I recommend it to seems to love it, really such a shame it's so unknown. It's such an original concept and the visuals are absolutely stunning. I know that David Fincher wanted to do a remake at some point. It would help bringing the brilliant story to a broader (American) audience, but I'm glad he didn't, one shouldn't try to remake masterpieces.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Soolsma wrote:
marchug wrote:
No problem at all, glad you enjoy :D. Everyone I recommend it to seems to love it, really such a shame it's so unknown. It's such an original concept and the visuals are absolutely stunning. I know that David Fincher wanted to do a remake at some point. It would help bringing the brilliant story to a broader (American) audience, but I'm glad he didn't, one shouldn't try to remake masterpieces.
I haven't seen it. I'm not a big television watcher, but with such a fervent recommendation, I might give it a try if/when time permits. You piqued my curiosity, so I looked it up to see how it was received (rather than what it's about, as I'd rather be surprised), and I happened upon this:

https://deadline.com/2018/04/utopia-ser ... 202367487/

Looks like Amazon is picking it up, along with the writer, Gillian Flynn, who'd been working on it for HBO. Apparently she wrote the book, Gone Girl, as well as the screenplay for the subsequent film, directed by Fincher. Fincher doesn't appear to be involved with Amazon's Utopia project. I managed to avoid anything about the subject matter or plot, so if you'll be kind enough not to mention anything particular about the show, I'll be grateful. All I know is that apparently it's quite violent.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I'd be glad to hear your thoughts about it if you do. Good thing it's quite short (2x6 episodes), it's pretty manageable. And yeah, it's pretty violent, maybe a tad too violent for some.