The Random Season 3 Thread

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: The Random Season 3 Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Soolsma »

Heh, that AV interview with Knauf is pretty cool! I feel like there is some common ground between TP's and Carnivale's take on Trinity.

About time for a re-watch, been reading up on the mythology and I'm getting the feels again! That info dump is indeed very cool. As described so by many, Carnivale is indeed quite Peaksy, or rather quite Frostian.

BTW any avid TV fan should have checked out channel 4's Utopia (2013). The darn thing is so underappreciated yet so brilliant, it doesn't even have any reviews on rotten tomatoes. I can not recommend it enough.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

There's some parallels between the books on Ruth Davenport's bookcase and The Return

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... _bookcase/
Johnsusername
Roadhouse Member

Post by Johnsusername »

This may have been discussed already -

at the end of FWWM/The missing pieces in the Lodge - is this supposed to be the same "older" Laura that appears in The Return? I'm pretty sure she's wearing the same long, black dress? (Though i haven't watched the Return since last year). She definitely looks older at this point in FWWM than she did earlier in the film - is that deliberate? Obviously the idea of time is up for grabs in the Lodge. Is it future or it it past etc etc.

Also (and I've put this in the FWWM section) - what is the deal with the nurse who is with Annie?? She ignores the dialogue about the Good Dale, and steals the ring - is anything else ever made of this?

Finally (!) is the fate of Ronette Pulaski ever cleared up? Is she the "American girl" who appears in the Return? Or is it just left open to interpretation (frustration)?
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

There is no known connection between Ronette and American Girl other than they are played by the same actress.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

That's like saying there is no known connection between the Giant and the Fireman. The American Girl is Ronette - but she is shown in a place where her identity is hidden, or she has become an abstraction.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

NormoftheAndes wrote:That's like saying there is no known connection between the Giant and the Fireman. The American Girl is Ronette - but she is shown in a place where her identity is hidden, or she has become an abstraction.
I think you're on to something there.
Johnsusername
Roadhouse Member

Post by Johnsusername »

How come Theresa Banks never appeared in The Lodge? She was killed by Leland. Or...maybe she was and it just wasn't shown?
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

"Is it future or is it past?"
A Debate Over the Physics of Time

According to our best theories of physics, the universe is a fixed block where time only appears to pass. Yet a number of physicists hope to replace this “block universe” with a physical theory of time.

The physicist Tim Koslowski listens to the discussion at the Time in Cosmology conference.

Philip Cheung for Quanta Magazine

Einstein once described his friend Michele Besso as “the best sounding board in Europe” for scientific ideas. They attended university together in Zurich; later they were colleagues at the patent office in Bern. When Besso died in the spring of 1955, Einstein — knowing that his own time was also running out — wrote a now-famous letter to Besso’s family. “Now he has departed this strange world a little ahead of me,” Einstein wrote of his friend’s passing. “That signifies nothing. For us believing physicists, the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.
https://www.quantamagazine.org/a-debate ... -20160719/
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Johnsusername wrote:How come Theresa Banks never appeared in The Lodge? She was killed by Leland. Or...maybe she was and it just wasn't shown?
In the lodge characters tend to see what the lodge needs to show them. Cooper was our point of view (almost) every time we entered the lodge. Laura became Cooper's obsession, Banks was Chester Desmonds obsession.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 12.49.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 12.49.41 PM.png (256.99 KiB) Viewed 11957 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Man in the woods vs. woodman.. hehe. one and the same. --^

Also one and the same ''''''v

He is a sort of talisman (says Lynch), maybe a means of channeling Judy through Sarah. He might also very well be her messenger. (he rushed to warn her when Coop and Gerard went to see Jeffries.)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: The Random Season 3 Thread

Post by Soolsma »

Wow... I just tried streaming S3 through the Dutch service ''videoland'', previously the only legal means of watching it in my country. Turns out it has Dutch subtitles you can't turn off . Ugh!!! Oh dear, oh dear, those few hours between the show airing and the torrent download completion. Avoiding the spoilers thread became a true exercise in willpower .

I really feel it's that time of year again, my interest in Peaks has once more Peaked....
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I wish I could have my memory about Twin Peaks erased, so that I can experience it all over again
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:I wish I could have my memory about Twin Peaks erased, so that I can experience it all over again
I know the feeling. The next best thing is to keep long periods between re-watches, so that it seems fresh again.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly