The Vomit (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

The Vomit (SPOILERS)

Post by The Brown Lodge »

I have been wondering about the vomit.

Dweller-on-the-threshold Cooper's vomit has a runny liquid consistancy that is reminiscent of the garmonbozia from FWWM, although contains some black oil type of substance.

Dougie Jones's vomit though has a lovely completely-solid consistancy to it, with bits of creamed corn stuck on to it. Kind of looks like a skinned bird. If it's meant to be garmonbozia then why the difference in consistancy? Is it his soul? The Dougie Jones that ends up in the red room isn't markedly different to the Dougie Jones previously, but after the vomit he soon starts to wither away.

Is Bob the only one who is allowed to take garmonbozia back into the red room? i.e. Doppelgangers can't take their collected pain/suffering (or whatever the garmonbozia represents) with them on the journey to the red room?

It seems to be some kind of currency in the red room.

Perhaps the act of tractor-beaming the Doppelganger back to the red room, induces some kind of purge of any garmonbozia that a Doppelganger has collected.

Any ideas?
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Re: The Vomit

Post by claaa7 »

that's a pretty gross-out heavy scene haha.. the BadCoop vomit seems to be a mixture of Garmonbozia (pain and sorrow) and the black oil that can be used as a gateway to opening the lodges. remember that it's hinted at in several scenes of the first series that the lodge spirits (even when inhabiting someone like Leland) would carry a smell of scorched engine oil which is the substance found by the log lady's husband.

as for Dougie's vomit, i have no idea. it looked extremely solid, someone suggested that it was a joke that it looked like a cherry pie, subverting the themes of the original series.
HoodedMatt
Roadhouse Member

Re: The Vomit (SPOILERS)

Post by HoodedMatt »

I've wondered if the main reason for the difference is because a. Dougie was created as a decoy and his garmonbozia has neither increased or decreased over time, so it has kind of set a little bit and/or b. Bad Coop is actively trying not to vomit up his portion so that he doesn't get taken, and the act of trying to suppress it makes it mingle with a little of the black fluid and change consistency.

Of course, there is the fact that Bad Coop vomits through his fingers, so perhaps that's had an effect on how thick it is as well? Like sieving a thick custard or gravy, the thicker stuff and lumps tend to stay behind, while the liquid gets squeezed through.
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

On a rewatch, I noticed that Bad Coop is holding in his vomit until he sees Dougie is in the red room, at which point he lets it go, so perhaps this is how he avoids being taken back.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

BEARisonFord wrote:On a rewatch, I noticed that Bad Coop is holding in his vomit until he sees Dougie is in the red room, at which point he lets it go, so perhaps this is how he avoids being taken back.
Yeah, that's how I digested the concept. It was down to which of the Coops 'broke the dam' first.

Thanks for throwing up the idea. ;)
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Rewatch EP 2 and see what Bad Coop is eating when they are at the diner (Ray, Darya, Jack and Bad Coop). Looks like Bad Coop has a small bowl of corn kernels and nothing else. Very hard to see. The other characters are eating other normal stuff. Jack is inhaling spaghetti. Doesn't mean much, except to say they all are not eating corn, only Bad Coop.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

wxray wrote:Rewatch EP 2 and see what Bad Coop is eating when they are at the diner (Ray, Darya, Jack and Bad Coop). Looks like Bad Coop has a small bowl of corn kernels and nothing else. Very hard to see. The other characters are eating other normal stuff. Jack is inhaling spaghetti. Doesn't mean much, except to say they all are not eating corn, only Bad Coop.
There's also a bonsai tree in the cube room. So many Easter eggs!
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

^ masterpiece
The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Marquis »

Gabriel wrote:
BEARisonFord wrote:On a rewatch, I noticed that Bad Coop is holding in his vomit until he sees Dougie is in the red room, at which point he lets it go, so perhaps this is how he avoids being taken back.
Yeah, that's how I digested the concept. It was down to which of the Coops 'broke the dam' first.

Thanks for throwing up the idea. ;)
I almost spewed just reading this. Ewwwwwwww.

I agree though, it seemed like he was very much holding back as to execute his assumed plan spoken about earlier. At first as he started holding back from hurling I was like "wtf?" but then, as he blew chunks after Dougie ended up in the red room, I was like "oh, ok.. makes sense"
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

The Marquis wrote:[

I agree though, it seemed like he was very much holding back as to execute his assumed plan spoken about earlier. At first as he started holding back from hurling I was like "wtf?" but then, as he blew chunks after Dougie ended up in the red room, I was like "oh, ok.. makes sense"
Actually, it reminded me, perversely of moments like Bob climbing over the sofa towards Maddie or the sex scene in Showgirls: there's no holding back; the director is going for broke, no subtlety. You expect the camera to cut away, but it's more and more until it's either terrifying or funny!!
The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Marquis »

Gabriel wrote:
The Marquis wrote:[

Actually, it reminded me, perversely of moments like Bob climbing over the sofa towards Maddie or the sex scene in Showgirls: there's no holding back; the director is going for broke, no subtlety. You expect the camera to cut away, but it's more and more until it's either terrifying or funny!!
Yeah, totally. All or nothing.

You know what's particularly funny about my personal reaction to these two episodes of emesis is that I wasn't grossed out by Dougie puking, but I was for Evil Coop regurgitating. There was something totally disgusting about the way Evil coop upchucked.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but DoppelCoop's vomit, on an open-air highway, sends two burly lawmen to the hospital with minimal exposure. Jade, however, spends a decent chunk of time in an enclosed space with Dougie's vomit and seems absolutely fine.
The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Marquis »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but DoppelCoop's vomit, on an open-air highway, sends two burly lawmen to the hospital with minimal exposure. Jade, however, spends a decent chunk of time in an enclosed space with Dougie's vomit and seems absolutely fine.
It must have something to do with Dougie being made. Maybe he didn't have the real deal Garmonbozia, but a made version. It's all so very MYSTERIOUS! :D
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

I don't really understand what these vomits scene meant but I have a feeling they could be a start of something both wonderful and strange :-)

I liked these scenes a lot!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB