The timeline of Laura's Angel within series 3 (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

droolcup

The timeline of Laura's Angel within series 3 (SPOILERS)

Post by droolcup »

I am unsure if the Angel at the end of the FWWM takes place before the events in the red room at the start of series 3. Can we use the physical appearance of Laura & Cooper to place Laura's Angel as before the Little Man evolves, or is this just a problem of using human actors within the setting of another dimensional plane?

I thought the Angel rescued Laura's soul from the Black Lodge and that is why the screen faded to white at the end of the film. But as Laura is still in the red room "25 years later", does this mean the the ending of FWWM takes place after series 3? Or does it mean that Laura's Angel didn't take her out of the Black Lodge and was just visting/comforting her?

Do you think David Lynch wrote the Angel scene as an final ending to Twin Peaks thinking it would never return, or that the Angel and the events of the film's ending will be part of the events of series 3? Thanks :)
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Re: The timeline of Laura's Angel within series 3

Post by claaa7 »

Very hard to say, rather confusing scene and one i didnt care too much for. However a detail i loved was when Laura removed her face like a mask, revealing a bright white light inside. The reflection of this on Cooper looked exactly like the blue white light that bathes Lauras face at the end of FWWM.
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

I'm confused by this too.

I like to think that Laura's angel appears right at the very end of all things Twin Peaks.

However, they say Laura's going to return physically to the town of Twin Peaks? Confusing.

Also, was Series 3 Laura or LAURA (doppelganger)?
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

claaa7 wrote: However a detail i loved was when Laura removed her face like a mask, revealing a bright white light inside. The reflection of this on Cooper looked exactly like the blue white light that bathes Lauras face at the end of FWWM.
I've read elsewhere a TP fan speculating that Laura's face in that scene S3, removed to reveal bright light, indicates she inhabited the White Lodge, i.e. "filled with light".
However, I didn't know how to reconcile this with the fact she seemed vulnerable, when she soon afterwards took an expression of dismay or horror and was pulled up & out of sight.
If she stepped back into the Waiting Room from the White Lodge then I guess that becomes "between two worlds" and you're not necessarily protected from harm... Especially with Leland imploring Dale to "find Laura" would indicate she's now met with harm.
If she was putting herself at risk approaching Dale in the red room then it's frustrating to think she seemed fine at first, smiling and whispering; one would think if she were on a mission to give Dale information she'd be a little more fraught with worry at the risk she was taking?
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Re: The timeline of Laura's Angel within series 3 (SPOILERS)

Post by Hockey Mask »

When Season 3 is complete it will be interesting to see if the viewing order is best chronologically or with FWWM after Season 3.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

Hockey Mask wrote:When Season 3 is complete it will be interesting to see if the viewing order is best chronologically or with FWWM after Season 3.
Interesting indeed! Excellent point.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Said it before, say it again: AFAIC, Season 3 takes place post-FWWM and its ending.

Laura ascended to the White Lodge, then came down to see Cooper. She's a being made of pure light. Now something's happened to her, and we don't know what yet.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.