FWWM Convience Store Scene in relation to Season 3 (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Re: FWWM Convience Store Scene in relation to Season 3 (SPOILERS)

Post by StrangerDanger »

francisyorkmorgan wrote:I thought that the spirit in the jail with Hastings was supposed to be a callback to the lumberjacks in the convenience store. Specifically, Margaret Lanternman's husband. He's all black like he's been burned, and my reading of TSHOTP was that his spirit was trapped there after he died in the fire. I forget if we get a good look at them in FWWM, but it would be interesting to see if the smoke spirit guy in the jail bears any resemblance to any of the lumberjacks in the store.

Thoughts?
Somebody did say that the lumberjack with the specs was Log Lady's hubby. Check this post out: http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 275#p60400

Quote: "... the whole idea of the lodges, as well as that of the log lady,
who is featured in the video is certainly easy to interpret as parsons-esque. these ultimate entry ways to other dimensions, beyond
good and evil, were definitely part of parson's experimentation.
the whole "babalon working" project of parsons was to open up these kind of passageways, and to be able to enter them as well as allow other "things"
a way out (some of these, according to parsons were what others saw as UFOs). these were beings parsons sometimes referred to as "watchers".

it's really absurd specualtion but the log lady's story is kind of makes me think of parsons as well.
margaret lanterman is not so far from marjorie cameron, parson's wife.
also margaret's husband was a lumber "jack" who like jack parsons, died in a fire.
plus i have always kind of liked the reading that the lumberjack above the convenience store (jurgen prochnow) might really be the log lady's husband.
this is crazy and silly of course, but i find it fun to think about.

i wish i could see the photos on the mantle in the log lady's cabin a little better."

^^ taken from my thread about Occult / Supernatural themes in Twin Peaks / FWWM. Best thread ever? Probably not, but certainly a good one for arcane lore.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
francisyorkmorgan

Post by francisyorkmorgan »

Somebody did say that the lumberjack with the specs was Log Lady's hubby. Check this post out: http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 275#p60400

Quote: "... the whole idea of the lodges, as well as that of the log lady,
who is featured in the video is certainly easy to interpret as parsons-esque. these ultimate entry ways to other dimensions, beyond
good and evil, were definitely part of parson's experimentation.
the whole "babalon working" project of parsons was to open up these kind of passageways, and to be able to enter them as well as allow other "things"
a way out (some of these, according to parsons were what others saw as UFOs). these were beings parsons sometimes referred to as "watchers".

it's really absurd specualtion but the log lady's story is kind of makes me think of parsons as well.
margaret lanterman is not so far from marjorie cameron, parson's wife.
also margaret's husband was a lumber "jack" who like jack parsons, died in a fire.
plus i have always kind of liked the reading that the lumberjack above the convenience store (jurgen prochnow) might really be the log lady's husband.
this is crazy and silly of course, but i find it fun to think about.

i wish i could see the photos on the mantle in the log lady's cabin a little better."

^^ taken from my thread about Occult / Supernatural themes in Twin Peaks / FWWM. Best thread ever? Probably not, but certainly a good one for arcane lore.[/quote]

Oh man, that thread is so great. It's absolutely fascinating how many different strains of the occult are woven into TP. It really goes to show how masterful the series is- it can be picked apart in so many ways and people will always find new interpretations of things.

I'll be interested to see if the Log Lady's story is expanded on more explicitly in the new season. I loved learning more about her from TSHOTP. She also plays a minor role in The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer, right? Somehow I feel as though she (or her log) holds a lot of answers.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

My initial reaction to Otis' house was that it was the Convience Store.

It wasn't until DoppelCoop killed Darya that I was convinced that the people in Otis' house weren't lodge spirits.
NewtoTwinPeaks
Roadhouse Member

Post by NewtoTwinPeaks »

Any thoughts on the difference between the Red Room and the Convenience Store? Are they both the 'Black Lodge'? Annie and other characters refer to the Red Room as the black lodge so I wonder why the convenience store is? Perhaps just a place where specific 'spirits' can meet? ie. Laura/Leland would not be able to.