Season 3 Timeline (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 3 Timeline (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

Fantastic Summary HockeyMask... Now add when a Badalamenti track is played lol :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Hugely useful thread. Thank you. :D
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

yaxomoxay wrote:Fantastic Summary HockeyMask... Now add when a Badalamenti track is played lol :)
Not quite up to speed on his song titles but will add them as I learn them.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Hockey Mask wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:Fantastic Summary HockeyMask... Now add when a Badalamenti track is played lol :)
Not quite up to speed on his song titles but will add them as I learn them.
I owe you a beer :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

Did Andy's wrist watch show that it was the 10th day of a month?
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

kafa81 wrote:Did Andy's wrist watch show that it was the 10th day of a month?
It did. But Andy may not know how to set a watch.
Ross
Global Moderator

Re: How many days does S3 cover? S3 (SPOILERS)

Post by Ross »

Dom834 wrote:Your choice, but it's a bit absurd to believe that Frost didn't make the timeline of his book coincide with what he had just written for the series, whether it's set after the series, before the series or somewhere in the middle of the series.

So sure, we have to remain open minded, even if it doesn't seem to match, that the story of the dossier being found is currently in the future of the Cole story arc (itself synchronized with NYC events and SD events, maybe with more), but unless there's a jump to a 2016/2017 date coming it seems very unlikely... it would mean that Briggs's fate and what happened to Cooper after the last entry of the dossier (the day before Briggs's apparent death mentioned in the series) will remain total mysteries to Tamara Preston for at least two more years. This sounds very implausible. Unless it turns out she's the one who altered the Dossier at Cole's orders in 2016 as part of a conspiracy to hide from other elements high in government the return of Agent Cooper in 2014.. and all her commentaries are basically bullshit and cover up. Could Frost have done that? I wouldn't totally discount the possibility...

Frost is however on record saying that TSHOTP leads into the events of the series. Recently he also said it's more relevant to S3 than it is to S1-S2.
I'm still in the camp of feeling like Frost's book won't match up well with the series. At this point I really can't see all the inconsistencies and contradictions suddenly making sense.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

Hockey Mask wrote:
He also may have stood there for many days waiting for the guy to show up. :lol:
Dom834
Roadhouse Member

Post by Dom834 »

BigEd wrote:
Hockey Mask wrote:
He also may have stood there for many days waiting for the guy to show up. :lol:
It's not inconceivable that we've now skipped ahead to October 10 (it would explain how the key got from Nevada to WA so fast in the mail). It's also far from inconceivable, alas, that while editing David moved forward the hit-and-run arc that as scripted might have started a bit later.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Dom834 wrote:It's not inconceivable that we've now skipped ahead to October 10 (it would explain how the key got from Nevada to WA so fast in the mail). It's also far from inconceivable, alas, that while editing David moved forward the hit-and-run arc that as scripted might have started a bit later.
DKL tended to change the scripted order of scenes a lot in the episodes he directed of the original show. This happened a bit in BV as well, I believe. I really hope the script leaks or (even better) gets an official release once everything is aired and done. It will be such a fascinating read
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Soolsma wrote:My gut tells me the opening Giant scene is a flash forward. Possibly to the finale.
I agree. Something about the way Cooper says "I understand". First of all that seems more like the Cooper we knew from the original series and FWWM than anything we've seen so far. And if that had taken place while Cooper was still in the Lodge, it doesn't seem likely that Cooper would so confidently decode the cryptic Richard and Linda clue. Even the fleeting glimpse of Cooper we saw in the Red Room before he traveled out and lost his memories, he still seemed somewhat disoriented. Plus the fact that it was black and white, which is the first instance of black and white we've seen in the TP Universe (at least from anything Lynch directed), has to have a very specific purpose. Could the room they are in be something different from the Red Room, a place we will find out about later?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

AgentEcho wrote:
Soolsma wrote:Plus the fact that it was black and white, which is the first instance of black and white we've seen in the TP Universe (at least from anything Lynch directed), has to have a very specific purpose.
Well, except for Between Two Worlds.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
AgentEcho wrote:
Soolsma wrote:Plus the fact that it was black and white, which is the first instance of black and white we've seen in the TP Universe (at least from anything Lynch directed), has to have a very specific purpose.
Well, except for Between Two Worlds.
True, I hadn't thought of that as existing in the TP Universe even though it features some of the characters. But I guess if it is, that begs the question, is David Lynch Cole's doppelganger or vice versa?
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Part 8: Gotta light? (6/25)
Day 8 Continues
08.01 Ray drives while Evil Coop texts truck plate number.
08.02 Ray pees, Evil Coop pulls gun on Ray, Ray shoots Evil Coop, Woodsmen rub Evil Coop's guts on his face, Bob is seen on his stomach, Ray drives off.
08.03 Ray calls Phillip.
08.04 The Roadhouse "She's Gone Away"-Nine Inch Nails.
08.05 Evil Coop sits up.
July 16, 1945 White Sands, NM - 5:29 AM
08.06 Atom bomb detonated "Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima"-Warsaw National Philharmonic.
08.07 Convenience store.
08.08 Mother vomits up Bob.
08.09 Explosion, blood cells, purple land, mountain island with building on peak.
08.10 Black and White Room: Señorita Dido listens to Victrola "Slow 30's Room"-David Lynch & Dean Hurley, The Giant turns off alarm.
08.11 The Giant walks to theater.
08.12 The Giant sees bomb, convenience store and Bob on movie screen, he levitates, Señorita Dido holds gold Laura orb that comes out of The Giant's head, she releases orb into tube and onto image of Earth on movie screen.
August 5, 1956 New Mexico Desert
08.13 Locust-frog hatches.
08.14 Boy walks girl home, she finds penny.
08.15 Woodsman floats down to desert.
08.16 Couple drive down road, stopped by evil hobos, "Gotta light?"-The Woodsman, couple speeds off.
08.17 Boy kisses girl, she runs inside house.
08.18 Woodsman at KPJK radio station "My Prayer"-The Platters, mechanic listens to radio, waitress listens at Pop's Diner, girl listens on bed, Woodsman kills receptionist and squeezes head of disc jockey, stops song and broadcasts "This is the water. And this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within." Mechanic and waitress collapse, locust-frog crawls towards girls house, girl collapses on bed, locust-frog crawls into her mouth, Woodsman kills disc jockey, Woodsman walks off into desert, horse whinnies.

Part 9: This is the chair. (7/9)
Part 10: Laura is the one. (7/16)
Part 11: There's fire where you are going. (7/23)
Part 12: Let's rock. (7/30)
Part 13: (8/6)
Part 14: (8/13)
Part 15: (8/20)
Part 16: (8/27)
Part 17: (9/3)
Part 18: (9/3)
Last edited by Hockey Mask on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

I'm guessing the floor-sweeping actually comes chronologically after the NIN performance. Unless they did two separate sets and cleared the house between them.