Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by CuriousWoman »

Cipher wrote:So then, do you think that when Jack opens the door in Rabbits and says it was the "man in the green coat," someone in the doorway just asked him to "Call for help"?
To be perfectly honest I did thought that Dougie's green might be relevant at the beginning. But if, and I insist on the if, Coffey is used as Jack Rabbit I think Lynch would use another part than the green coat one, like the red eldritch horror that appeared at some point or the match stick fire that popped a few times. (My memories of Inland Empire are iffy but IIRC, only the green coat line was repurposed as being about the Phantom, right?)

On another note, I think i have a theory for the Hastings/coordinates plotline, but I don't know if it can work so any feedback would be appreciated:
Hastings and Ruth start searching for the zone and set up a website (her taking the alias of heinrich viegel to hide their affair to Phyllis Hastings)
At some point, Betty the secretary learns about it.
Ray gets in contact with her sometime later.
Hastings and Ruth find the zone and meet the major (myguess would be at the coordinates of the convenience store on the website).
Ruth gets the numbers the major wants from a computer and write them on her hand.
The secretary tells it all to Ray.
The woodsmen arrive at the meeting of briggs, hastings and ruth and ruins it decapitating briggs, killing Ruth nd Hastings thinking it all being a dream.
Part 1: Hank steals the corpse of Ruth and puts her left hand in a bag and contacts Betty.
Ray, who is the only one Betty trusts, gets the hand with the coordinates on the doppelganger's orders but secretly works for Jeffries.
Betty exploses in her car from Jack and the doppelganger's bomb.

I'm not sure what to make of Hastings' wife 's relation with the doppelganger or if Darya had anything important to do. Did I forget anything?
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

Do you guys think that Bobby is going to die? Much importance has been given to his background (more than the other old characters), and his father told him about the reunion in the palazzo (white lodge?).
If there is indeed a reunion I can't see any other way to do it except for Bobby to die and ascend as a purified soul, if nothing else because this way they can CGI Major Briggs out without making it too clunky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Hmmm, thanks for reminding me of the Briggs' "reunion" - this might lead to Bobby entering the lodge somehow, you're right. Interesting.

What's your take, is that big black dot with antennae a depiction of the BOB "orb" but with owl wings? And will THIS be what appears in the spot near Jack Rabbit's palace on the given date(s)?
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

dronerstone wrote:Hmmm, thanks for reminding me of the Briggs' "reunion" - this might lead to Bobby entering the lodge somehow, you're right. Interesting.

What's your take, is that big black dot with antennae a depiction of the BOB "orb" but with owl wings? And will THIS be what appears in the spot near Jack Rabbit's palace on the given date(s)?
How stupid I am!! Bobby and the Major will finally be "one thing" as the Major says it happened in the dream after the hug.
Bobby will become the Major, with all his knowledge!! (And somehow he will also be Bobby).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

Just a thought- I've not seen any speculation about Philip Gerard showing up in the world, but can't think of any reason why he shouldn't still be out there and active...
zmccain

Post by zmccain »

alreadygoneplaces wrote:Just a thought- I've not seen any speculation about Philip Gerard showing up in the world, but can't think of any reason why he shouldn't still be out there and active...
I could be completely wrong about this but I just assumed that Gerard and MIKE are one and the same now. That last red room scene in FWWM is what made me assume that I suppose.

edit to add: I guess he prefers hanging out in the black lodge now instead of walking around in our world. Just my guess.
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

The real world explanation most likely is the MJA fiasco at the last moment, but my attempt at a narrative explanation is that the human Gerard died at some point during the time skip and MIKE assumed his appearance when back in the lodge (if I remember correctly, the One Armed Man died in the shooting script of his last on-screen appearance).

If it actually happened, I guess Frost's upcoming novel will mention it.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

CuriousWoman wrote:The real world explanation most likely is the MJA fiasco at the last moment, but my attempt at a narrative explanation is that the human Gerard died at some point during the time skip and MIKE assumed his appearance when back in the lodge (if I remember correctly, the One Armed Man died in the shooting script of his last on-screen appearance.
Sort of/maybe. "Gerard goes slack in his arms. 'Mike' is gone. Cooper holds Gerard's limp body. He looks at Doc."

To me, that's ambiguous. Gerard might have just passed out after Mike left him. The script only says Mike is gone, not that Gerard is.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

People who would want to "be with BOB" again.

Someone prior to Leland, but who would that be based on what we know?

Well, BOB was for sure with the Experiment/mother prior to Leland.

Could the being posing as Jeffries on the phone be the Experiment?

Bad Coop wants to find this entity, but it may be that he has already been in contact with it.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

This is far out, but one in a billion chance that Diane is possessed by Mother/Experiment.

And those eggs that Mother spewed out? The eggs all contain her essence. The frog moth is the Mother.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Bill Hastings talking of the "many people" during his Briggs encounter makes me believe he saw the Woodsmen...

Did they behead/kill the Major?

Any thoughts?
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

dronerstone wrote:Bill Hastings talking of the "many people" during his Briggs encounter makes me believe he saw the Woodsmen...

Did they behead/kill the Major?

Any thoughts?
I honestly still can't piece together the whole incident where Hastings encounters the Maj., then 'something happens' and Ruth ended up dead. My first guess is the Woodsmen, but I still can't decide if they are working for or against DoppelCoop. Were the Woodsmen helping DoppelCoop after he was shot, or were they just snatching BOB out of him while he was injured? If the latter is the case, they might be working at the behest of Phillip Jeffries, just as Ray is.

I'm guessing we'll get more details.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Cappy wrote:
Were the Woodsmen helping DoppelCoop after he was shot, or were they just snatching BOB out of him while he was injured?
My first thought was "they're taking BOB away from him" but after reading various interpretations online, I polluted my perception and got my doubts. ;)
Esoterically speaking, the things that cross an aware mind first are usually the purest and correct/true ones, but who am I to say this...

After all, EvilCoop was about to be drawn back into the lodge and he literally CHEATED to stay in this reality.

Judging by that, the lodge must be a really bad place, if even the evil Doppelgangers don't care much for going back home. :)
soundchaser

Post by soundchaser »

dronerstone wrote:
Cappy wrote: After all, EvilCoop was about to be drawn back into the lodge and he literally CHEATED to stay in this reality.

Judging by that, the lodge must be a really bad place, if even the evil Doppelgangers don't care much for going back home. :)
I assume it's more that the Lodge has very specific rules, whereas our world doesn't. BOB had to give up his garmonbozia at the end of FWWM, but could he hold on to it now? Do Doppelgangers also feed on garmonbozia? Chaos?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm assuming this has been covered before but does anyone else out there subscribe to the White Lodge (Jupiter) and Black Lodge (Saturn) theory?

"When Jupiter and Saturn meet, Oh what a crop of mummy wheat!"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 11.04.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 11.04.52 AM.png (587.66 KiB) Viewed 8433 times
Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 11.22.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 11.22.51 AM.png (294.15 KiB) Viewed 8433 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM