Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by The Jumping Man »

If Coop gets back a day too late to see Harry alive, that could make for a devastating scene.

Makes me wonder how much of this was rewritten after Ontkean dropped out. Frank is clearly a different character - he hasn't just been given Harry's lines, he has his own subplot going with his wife and other major differences. Maybe Harry was always going to be deathly ill and Ontkean wanted nothing to do with it. (Baseless Speculation Alert.)
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

The Jumping Man wrote:If Coop gets back a day too late to see Harry alive, that could make for a devastating scene.

Makes me wonder how much of this was rewritten after Ontkean dropped out. Frank is clearly a different character - he hasn't just been given Harry's lines, he has his own subplot going with his wife and other major differences. Maybe Harry was always going to be deathly ill and Ontkean wanted nothing to do with it. (Baseless Speculation Alert.)
Supposedly we have some insiders here at Dugpa who know the reasons Ontkean dropped out and they were for personal reasons, but your Baseless Speculation sounds plausible, although it's possible Doris would have been meant to have been Harry's wife ?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Leebob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leebob »

wxray wrote: (I saw a nod to this with Gordon Cole's mention of quitting smoking... a little poke at the fans since we know DKL's fondness for tobacco.) :D
I am half expecting that Gordon's mention that he has quit smoking is a setup for the next episode in which Gordon says "Gotta light.." following a turn of events that causes him to light up again.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Leebob wrote:
wxray wrote: (I saw a nod to this with Gordon Cole's mention of quitting smoking... a little poke at the fans since we know DKL's fondness for tobacco.) :D
I am half expecting that Gordon's mention that he has quit smoking is a setup for the next episode in which Gordon says "Gotta light.." following a turn of events that causes him to light up again.
Ahhhhh, the memory of tobacco.
somevelvetmorning

Post by somevelvetmorning »

Panapaok wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:
Panapaok wrote:So, those guys are obviously different. Any theories?
They look similar to me, except for maybe the hat and hair, but that could just be because the shots are from different angles.

This might be a dumb question, but why isn't he listed in the credits of episode 7? I'm not familiar with the nuances of crediting people in shows, but would he just be considered an extra or is there some secrecy around his character name or the actor that's playing him? Is he possibly a character that we've already seen in this episode? They could have just put a bunch of question marks by his name like they did with the Giant.
Stewart Strauss took credit for his appearance in the first episode. He said that it's not him but a different actor in episode 7. My guess is that they're not officially credited because it's something to be revealed later on. Here's what the actor said:
In my IMDb page you won’t find any info about Twin Peaks: The Return, for two reasons. I signed a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA), which clearly states that I couldn’t speak or share any info about the show. I also respect the way the David Lynch and Mark Frost have promoted the show, which is to reveal as little as possible about what’s coming. Once my character is described on IMDb, the mystery of what I am supposed to be is over.
http://www.davidlynch.it/twin-peaks-who ... n-in-jail/
Interesting that he says "what I am supposed to be", instead of "who I am supposed to be".

That makes me even more convinced that the two dark beings we have seen so far, are from the White Lodge. The more I've watched that scene with Hastings in jail, the more I think that the black being looks kind of shocked (hands grasping, mouth open, eyes staring). Maybe the blackness comes from being tainted in some way, or maybe that's just how they look in our world.

I believe Evil Cooper is looking for the White Lodge, plus he wants some information from Hastings, so Hastings being connected to a White Lodge spirit would make sense.

The second black being we see is in the morgue where Major Briggs' body is, and Briggs has been connected to the White Lodge before.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

crazyscottishguy wrote:I think Miriam will be next murdered person since she saw the hit'n run Richard in action
Agreed. There'll be an attempt on her life at the very least, but I hope she survives. It'd be nice to save some of the new townspeople in the (kind of unlikely) event there is a Season 4.
rjpierson

Post by rjpierson »

Nobody else has mentioned this, but when James was looking over at Shelly's table at the end of Part 2, did anyone else get the feeling he was looking at Shelly and not her friend? The way that she talked about him always being cool has me thinking maybe they will get together.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/actors/ky ... -c-dougie/

Whoa! Thoughts on the fourth character KM is talking about?
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Hester Prynne wrote:http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/actors/ky ... -c-dougie/

Whoa! Thoughts on the fourth character KM is talking about?
1) The Good Dale Cooper
2) The Bad Bob Cooper
3) The catatonic Good Cooper living the life of Dougie Jones (KM is probably considering this a different character because he has to play it very differently than his normal scenes as Dale Cooper, but technically it's the same person).
4) Dougie Jones (the character he played for a short period of time... we've already encountered this. He was with Jade, he got sick, he got sucked into the Lodge, he commented on how weird and funny he felt in there, and he turned into black smoke, a gold ball and some kind of floating black blob or something. And he's been gone since and likely never to return. The "Dougie" we've seen since then is the catatonic Good Coop.)

This is surely what he's referring to because if it was a character we haven't seen yet, he wouldn't talk about it in interviews.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

AgentEcho wrote:
1) The Good Dale Cooper
2) The Bad Bob Cooper
3) The catatonic Good Cooper living the life of Dougie Jones (KM is probably considering this a different character because he has to play it very differently than his normal scenes as Dale Cooper, but technically it's the same person).
4) Dougie Jones (the character he played for a short period of time... we've already encountered this. He was with Jade, he got sick, he got sucked into the Lodge, he commented on how weird and funny he felt in there, and he turned into black smoke, a gold ball and some kind of floating black blob or something. And he's been gone since and likely never to return. The "Dougie" we've seen since then is the catatonic Good Coop.)

This is surely what he's referring to because if it was a character we haven't seen yet, he wouldn't talk about it in interviews.
Yep, that's it. I wasn't thinking of the "real" Dougie. - Got excited there for a second.
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

Hockey Mask wrote:
Leebob wrote:
Ahhhhh, the memory of tobacco.

Ugh....I quit smoking 4 months ago...the worst thing was about 6 months ago I was thinking how cool it was gonna be when TP comes out and I can make some coffee, put an ashtray on the table and drink my coffee and smoke while watching :D

Ahhhh the memory of tobacco :D
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

I'm hoping it's Sarah Palmer who says "Gotta light?"!
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

I can't recall where I read it, maybe here maybe twitter...is it possible that these first 8 parts are the prologue to the series? Lynch claimed that FWWM was important to TPTR... a lot of similarities when you look at it...no music,Annie appearing in Laura's dream etc.... is it possible that Lynch and Frost are recreating FWWM as well? The Deer Meadow and Philadelphia FBI building were all a big prologue, and then we get the shot of Twin Peaks, and Laura walking....this Sunday's episode is supposed to be wild, is that maybe why? I still don't know what can be more wild then the first 20-30 mins of part 3 :D
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

madeleineferguson wrote:I'm hoping it's Sarah Palmer who says "Gotta light?"!

What if it is in different context? Got a light...flashlight? Or are we sure this is about lighting a cigarette? :?:
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

kafa81 wrote:
madeleineferguson wrote:I'm hoping it's Sarah Palmer who says "Gotta light?"!

What if it is in different context? Got a light...flashlight? Or are we sure this is about lighting a cigarette? :?:
Could be... and probably is! I'm just really ready for more Grace Zabriskie.