Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Post by mlsstwrt »

douglasb wrote:This is good stuff but it is the wrong thread - especially so when there's a whole 'nother thread just sitting there.
I sort of agree. Maybe it deserves its own thread?
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

I said that I don't know how many times ugh on this very thread. I'm Profoundly Disappointed with fans that can't follow directions.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

boske wrote:How about this one? http://dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3700
Doh.
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

sylvia_north wrote:I said that I don't know how many times ugh on this very thread. I'm Profoundly Disappointed with fans that can't follow directions.
Maybe THIS deserves its own thread (in before Boske tells me there already is one)?
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

mlsstwrt wrote:
sylvia_north wrote:I said that I don't know how many times ugh on this very thread. I'm Profoundly Disappointed with fans that can't follow directions.
Maybe THIS deserves its own thread (in before Boske tells me there already is one)?
I actually stumbled on the other one by accident this morning (well maybe it is no longer an accident now :D).

I have stopped following other threads to be honest, I'll probably stick around this one until the last episode has aired so we can recapitulate everything, but I am honestly tired of the Return and am on the verge on just cancelling my subscription before it even ends.
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

boske wrote:
mlsstwrt wrote:
I actually stumbled on the other one by accident this morning (well maybe it is no longer an accident now :D).

I have stopped following other threads to be honest, I'll probably stick around this one until the last episode has aired so we can recapitulate everything, but I am honestly tired of the Return and am on the verge on just cancelling my subscription before it even ends.
I'm in the same boat. I will watch until the end just because I've watched thus far. But I don't have any hope left. Maybe the last few episodes will be amazing but I feel like the die has already been cast. The last few episodes would have to be radically different to what we've seen thus far and that itself may not work just as a matter of having some sort of continuity.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

If the point was to muddy the waters so bad before the finale and then resolve it in one fell swoop, I think they missed the point. I just realized yesterday that the Return has taken way more attention from me that it has warranted and deserved, and maybe that was the intent, who knows. I could have read a few good books by now, I feel cheated for sure. My fault, nobody else's.
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

boske wrote:If the point was to muddy the waters so bad before the finale and then resolve it in one fell swoop, I think they missed the point. I just realized yesterday that the Return has taken way more attention from me that it has warranted and deserved, and maybe that was the intent, who knows. I could have read a few good books by now, I feel cheated for sure. My fault, nobody else's.
Yep, really I wish I'd never watched it but of course that was never going to happen. Can't believe I made a trip to Snoqualmie to be there during the filming, lol.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

At least you could have seen Mädchen being driven around on the hood of a car. :lol: If I could, I'd probably have gone there too. As the Mitchum brothers would say "fool me once, shame on me, ...". Let's hope we don't get fooled again.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

I'm not sure how moderating works on this board but perhaps these many posts about the gender issues could even be removed into the gender thread? I mean, for me it's so difficult to follow this thread now that it really sped up. And it would be easier if the obvious and long off-topics just went back to their topics. Just a thought.

As for off-topics. That:
waferwhitemilk wrote:I think the producer even stated that you can't properly appreciate or understand TP:TR until the year 2075 at the very least, when a very secret safebox will be opened with papers explaining exactly what TP:TR was all about. So please guys, until that wonderful time: silencio!
is one of the most hilarious things I've seen on dugpa :D
Is there perhaps a thread like "the funniest quotes from dugpa" where one could just gather the best quotes so they don't get lost? I'd start a thread like this with this 2075 line!

Also, forgive me for for bumping in with something from page 174 or so (which is where I am at the moment ;)) but this struck me --
sylvia_north wrote:My friend said the Roadhouse conversations were kind of like Return's version of Invitation to Love, which ok I get it, but no one liked Invitation to Love- that's why they trashed it.
whaaaat?!?? WHO didn't like Invitation to Love? Either I didn't get the point of your post or I have to disagree strongly! By the way, I like this idea of Roadhouse converstions as the new Invitation to Love very much! I think I had it in mind before but I didn't manage to put it so neatly.

mlsstwrt wrote:Going off topic a bit - I'm just interested. Do people think that the world (and America in particular) is a much uglier, nastier place than it was in 1990? Is the TP we have now reflective of the way the world (especially America) has changed? I personally do but maybe that has more to do with me than the world, I don't know.
I share your view of the world. Don't know about America and I'm not thinking about Poland, either. Rather generally... globally. I don't really like the global village, I'm afraid, I like smaller villages. Like Twin Peaks or Dual Spires ;)
Sure it could have more to do with me than the world.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Hilarious that the most interesting thing I've read in this thread doesn't belong. :D :D :D
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Yeah, these gender issues clog up a thread (wherever they appear) somethin' awful (and are even not all that interesting) ...
Let's go back to whining, please :)
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

Hockey Mask wrote:Hilarious that the most interesting thing I've read in this thread doesn't belong. :D :D :D
Why do you read the thread if you find it so dull?
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Agent Earle wrote:Yeah, these gender issues clog up a thread (wherever they appear) somethin' awful (and are even not all that interesting) ...
Let's go back to whining, please :)
Not interesting to the average male viewer, I suppose.