Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

claaa7
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Blu-ray 12/5/17

Post by claaa7 »

I had forgotten to cancel my pre order for the Scandinavian release so i now have both that and the US. There are some differences between them with the EU box being much thicker, sturdier, a bit taller and shinier. They also open up slightly different.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Japan rental dvd's:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 9.56.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 9.56.25 AM.png (552.94 KiB) Viewed 17524 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Poiuyt
Roadhouse Member

Post by Poiuyt »

i bit the bullet on the deluxe blu-ray.

some of the best packaging i've ever seen. fantastic.
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

Just watched the Jason S. BTS documentaries a while ago. The "artsy" stuff was pretty annoying. I think in the last part it started to have at least some substance but that was too little too late. The actual BTS material was FANTASTIC though! Things like Lynch telling the victim of a Woodsman that she feels the Woodsman's pain was such a treat for someone who has been enthusiastic about different theories of the metaphysical side of Twin Peaks for several decades. While I lost quite a bit of my interest towards theorizing Twin Peaks after seeing Season 3, I've been slowly getting back to enjoying that and I'm certainly appreciating Season 3 more than I was when the show ended. Stuff like the Woodsman BTS material is doing great work in pulling me back in.

One of the best moments was when Lynch tried to direct the kids - especially the moment when one of the kids screams and Lynch is so deep inside the whole thing that he starts grinning too. As if he is really feeling the feelings of the characters - even if they are just kids who scream when told. That whole scene was both funny and impressive as hell.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Theres at least 2 different packages for the EU box. I saw one in a regular cheap plastic box at my local video store. Or is that the regular DVD version?
Poiuyt
Roadhouse Member

Post by Poiuyt »

Poiuyt wrote:Yeah, bummer about the card sleeves. Guess I'll have to look into ordering poly sleeves that hopefully can fit inside them.
Just a quick update for anyone else looking to protect their discs from scratches... these sleeves fit just right: http://www.sleevecityusa.com/diskeeper- ... 3cdcir.htm

They also work for the Entire Mystery set
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Can someone point me to a website where I can purchase Season 3 Blu Ray which is Region free?The amazon.com one is Region 1.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote:Can someone point me to a website where I can purchase Season 3 Blu Ray which is Region free?The amazon.com one is Region 1.
The US set is region free, at least it was when first released. Who told you that it's region 1 locked?
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

Poiuyt wrote:
Poiuyt wrote:Yeah, bummer about the card sleeves. Guess I'll have to look into ordering poly sleeves that hopefully can fit inside them.
Just a quick update for anyone else looking to protect their discs from scratches... these sleeves fit just right: http://www.sleevecityusa.com/diskeeper- ... 3cdcir.htm

They also work for the Entire Mystery set
thanks for following up. ordered some for both sets I have.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

eyeboogers wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:Can someone point me to a website where I can purchase Season 3 Blu Ray which is Region free?The amazon.com one is Region 1.
The US set is region free, at least it was when first released. Who told you that it's region 1 locked?
The amazon.com Blu Ray says that its locked to region 1

https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Limit ... ref=plSrch
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

krishnanspace wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
The amazon.com Blu Ray says that its locked to region 1

https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Limit ... ref=plSrch
It's Region A and B at least. Sometimes Amazon doesn't list all the regions.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Twin-Peak ... ay/189110/