Twin Peaks: FWWM Stills - Post Your Photos Here!

Forum dedicated to Twin Peaks photos, props, and other rare Twin Peaks memorabilia.

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

bosguy1981

Re: Twin Peaks: FWWM Stills - Post Your Photos Here!

Postby bosguy1981 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:39 am

Jerry Horne wrote:Would this be from FWWM?

Oooh! Good catch.

Yeah, wasn't it confirmed that Joan Chen was in the deleted scene at the sawmill with Pete Martell and Dell Mibbler? Looks like this could definitely be from that.
dugpa
Site Admin

Postby dugpa » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 am

Looks like FWWM to me. And those do look like Mill workers in the background.
jlyon1515

Postby jlyon1515 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:12 am

Was the mill still functional when they filmed FWWM? I thought a large part of it was dismantled after filming the pilot.
Jerry Horne

Postby Jerry Horne » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:50 am

jlyon1515 wrote:Was the mill still functional when they filmed FWWM? I thought a large part of it was dismantled after filming the pilot.

There was lots of activity in late '91 when a Japanese film crew was there. Also, I think Bruce Phillips shot footage there in '92 that still showed activity. Besides, how functional did the mill have to be to shoot what they did?

I'm excited if this really is from FWWM as I don't think I've seen a single shot of Joan from the film.
dugpa
Site Admin

Postby dugpa » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Pretty sure it is from one of the unscripted scenes. Per a discussion I had with Bob Engels several years ago, as they had Jack Nance, Joan Chen, Michael Ontkean, and Ed Wright, Peggy Liptoon, and Everett McGill on the set but only very short scenes. They ended up finishing their scenes several hours early so Lynch asked Bob to come up with short scenes that he claims were literally written on a napkin to make use of the time everyone was there.

I believe that only the Ed and Norma truck scene is the only unscripted scene ever to surface as a photograph.
bosguy1981

Postby bosguy1981 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:24 pm

jlyon1515 wrote:Was the mill still functional when they filmed FWWM? I thought a large part of it was dismantled after filming the pilot.

A little quote from David Lynch (in "Lynch on Lynch") about changes to the mill after they filmed the pilot:

"The old mill was torn down two months after we got there. And a little mill went up -- a little, efficient mill that will only take twenty-four-inch diameter logs. But it was so great and we had maybe four days shooting inside and outside and we were always using those images -- the saw blades and stuff. I wanted to shoot those but not for the title sequence. Then, later on, it became part of that."

I bet he probably had lots of mill outtakes from the pilot shooting that he could have used in FWWM if he needed to.
bosguy1981

Postby bosguy1981 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:26 pm

And on a related note, love Joan Chen's hair so much better like that. :wink:
Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Very cool!!!!!! I had forgotten that Josie was said to have been in the Dell/Pete scene.

Besides the pic from the Ed/Norma truck scene, have any pics ever leaked from ANY of the deleted scenes that featured any of the series characters that were totally cut from the movie?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Postby dugpa » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Series characters just the ones at the Palmer Household. One with Laura at table and the other from Greek Press-kit of Leland as a Giant.

Also Laura outside the Roadhouse with Donna.

Never any released of the post Episode 29 scene with Cooper in his room and Annie at the Hospital, all confirmed to be filmed.
Jerry Horne

Postby Jerry Horne » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:14 pm

dugpa wrote:Never any released of the post Episode 29 scene with Cooper in his room and Annie at the Hospital, all confirmed to be filmed.

My holy grail scenes from FWWM. Those would be amazing integrated into an episode 29 directors cut.
Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:41 pm

dugpa wrote:Series characters just the ones at the Palmer Household. One with Laura at table and the other from Greek Press-kit of Leland as a Giant.

Also Laura outside the Roadhouse with Donna.

Never any released of the post Episode 29 scene with Cooper in his room and Annie at the Hospital, all confirmed to be filmed.

Yes- I've seen the Laura/Leland pics. But I guess none of the characters that were completely cut out of the film have been seen in pics other than Ed (and now) Josie.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Postby dugpa » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Jerry,

I think my top 5 are:

1. Jeffries in Buenos Aires
2. Cable and Desmond fight
3. Annie in the a hospital
4. Leland the Giant
5. Dell, Pete, and Josie at the Mill

Now I'm starting to wonder if Jack Nance was already on set for his scene at the Gas Station with Everett McGill and Joan Chen was already on the set for her scene with Michael Ontkean and the scene with Dell, Pete, and Josie was unscripted and written on the spot that means that unless Ed Wright lived locally, he must have been in another scene ???!!!

Am I right?

Damn those Deleted Scenes.

Ross,

You are right. Just those and the one I have posted somewhere on the Deleted Scenes pages on this site of Jack Nance.
bosguy1981

Postby bosguy1981 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:57 pm

dugpa wrote:Now I'm starting to wonder if Jack Nance was already on set for his scene at the Gas Station with Everett McGill and Joan Chen was already on the set for her scene with Michael Ontkean and the scene with Dell, Pete, and Josie was unscripted and written on the spot that means that unless Ed Wright lived locally, he must have been in another scene ???!!!

Am I right?

Hmmm... I wonder.

Dell worked at the bank in Twin Peaks. Same bank where Laura had a safety deposit box? Maybe Lynch decided to do a little scene of Laura dropping the money in her safety deposit box and she and Dell interact at the bank? Just speculating a bit.
dugpa
Site Admin

Postby dugpa » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 pm

You are awesome bosguy!

Excellent thought and probably right on the money! :D
Brad D

Postby Brad D » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 am

Ah...I hope I see that FWWM deleted scene of Cooper in the floor of his bathroom before I die. A holy grail, indeed...Would also love to see the Buenos Aires stuff and the Cable/Desmond fight.

Return to “Twin Peaks Collectors”