what was the latest Twin Peaks/Lynch/Frost object you bought?

Forum dedicated to Twin Peaks photos, props, and other rare Twin Peaks memorabilia.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Re: what was the latest Twin Peaks/Lynch/Frost object you bought?

Post by laughingpinecone »

I saw a good base for three bucks - metal ring with a flat black oval 'stone' - and felt compelled to mod this...
Attachments
IMG_20170331_122530.jpg
IMG_20170331_122530.jpg (235.83 KiB) Viewed 14589 times
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

laughingpinecone wrote:I saw a good base for three bucks - metal ring with a flat black oval 'stone' - and felt compelled to mod this...
:o Very nice work!!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

laughingpinecone wrote:I saw a good base for three bucks - metal ring with a flat black oval 'stone' - and felt compelled to mod this...
Can you make one for me? :D
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

If anyone wants to print this,just inform me.I'll send you the file.
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Post by bluefrank »

These are my latest Lynch purchases.

FWWM OST, Vinyl.
Lost Highway OST, Vinyl - Limited 2,000.
Polish Night Music, Vinyl - Limited 250 wax sealed.

There's always music in the air at my place. :)
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

bluefrank wrote:These are my latest Lynch purchases.

FWWM OST, Vinyl.
Lost Highway OST, Vinyl - Limited 2,000.
Polish Night Music, Vinyl - Limited 250 wax sealed.

There's always music in the air at my place. :)
That's really nice, i love the FWWM soundtrack especially, i got that and the series soundtracks on CD.
the vinyl was a little pricey for me at that monent but would love to have all those Lynch OST:s on wax (i'm fine with CD too though) but i sadly only have the TP ones.. "Lost Highway" is GREAT.. "Apple Of Sodom" is a true favorite of mine, one of Manson's best. Did y'all know that Trent Reznor and Marilyn Manson had a falling out bc of David Lynch?? ¨

I read Manson's autobiography, and basically it was supposed to be Marilyn Manson was to oversee and executive produce the "Lost Highway" soundtrack. Trent Reznor had signed Manson to his Nothing Records under Interscope some years before and produced his three first albums (the last one in '96 one of the best albums of all time, along with such greats as "Kind Of Blue", "A Love Supreme", "Illmatic", "Enter The Wu-Tang" and "Sgt. Peppers"). There was already quite a lot of tension in the studio during the recording of the '96 "Superstar" album, Manson meant Reznor overproduced it, etc, but it's clear that Reznor and Manson was a match made in (hell?) at that time. Listen to "Antichrist Superstar" and "The Downward Spiral" next to eachother and you can see how much an influence they had over each other's music.

But that's besides the point (i know i can be long winded haha), but anyway so Manson turns up to the studio for his first day working on "Lost Highway" music soundtrack, and Trent Reznor is already there and have told David that he is doing the soundtrack instead since he owns Nothing records and that Manson was fine with this (this was the first time he had heard of it, but DKL didn't know about that at all). Since he was a Nothing Records artists he still got two songs on the soundtrack, including the previously unreleased "Apple of Sodom" i mentioned above, but it was the straw that broke the camels back between Trent and him according to Manson and he was hurt bc he would have really loved the opportunity to work on it. Either way, Trent Reznor did a fantastic job and it all worked out well for all involved :)
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Post by bluefrank »

That's really nice, i love the FWWM soundtrack especially, i got that and the series soundtracks on CD.
the vinyl was a little pricey for me at that monent but would love to have all those Lynch OST:s on wax (i'm fine with CD too though) but i sadly only have the TP ones.. "Lost Highway" is GREAT.. "Apple Of Sodom" is a true favorite of mine, one of Manson's best. Did y'all know that Trent Reznor and Marilyn Manson had a falling out bc of David Lynch?? ¨
Hi claaa7...I'm not really a Manson fan, but I really like that 'Apple of Sodom' track of his. It fitted right in with the feel of the film and it's an infectious and off-key type of tune. His 'I Put A Spell On You' is good too. I like the entire OST - it's one of the best. With Bowie bookending the OST, it's a win-win. My fav track is Hollywood Sunset, the dub sounding tune. I just wish I could get an extended version like they used in the film. I've got a lot of love for Lost Highway (film and soundtrack), I rate it very highly. Thanks for the info.