Does anyone know where one would find ORIGINAL broadcasts of Twin Peaks on ABC?

Forum dedicated to Twin Peaks photos, props, and other rare Twin Peaks memorabilia.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BeanerBeans95

Does anyone know where one would find ORIGINAL broadcasts of Twin Peaks on ABC?

Post by BeanerBeans95 »

This is probably going to come off sounding like a strange request, but I'm looking for any way possible to find original (as in, 1990/1991) broadcasts of Twin Peaks episodes on ABC. That means with original "Previously on" and "Next on" promos, as well as original commercial breaks. The reason for this being (other than sheer nostalgia), my mother is quite possibly a bigger Twin Peaks fan than I ever will be (and that's saying something)... She was able to record more than a few back in the day and loved to watch them in reruns. Something about the commercials, the vibe, the feel, all of it was more appealing to her than watching the show on Netflix or Hulu in standard fashion, which I can kind of understand being a late 80s/early 90s kind of aesthetic guy myself.

NOW, her old VHS tapes were sadly sold without her knowing about it, in a church sale by my unknowing grandmother bless her soul, and I'm trying to find a way to surprise my mother in some way by bringing these shows back to her with all that retro vibe she loves so much, and I wouldn't mind seeing some myself!

I don't know how I would go about this, or if there are any even floating around! They could be as infamously hard to find as old Wrapped in Plastic archives (been there done that)... But if anyone knows any information, please comment or message me personally. I used to buy off of DVD traders back in the day, old episodes of various goodies, mainly old MTV and cult movies and what not, but never Twin Peaks. I'm going to assume that no one has original copies of the show, but maybe someone could prove me wrong, eh?
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Re: Does anyone know where one would find ORIGINAL broadcasts of Twin Peaks on ABC?

Post by douglasb »

I (think I) still have my original British broadcasts on tape - where it was shown without adverts - so it's not impossible someone might have the US versions.
HungerCity

Re: Does anyone know where one would find ORIGINAL broadcasts of Twin Peaks on ABC?

Post by HungerCity »

I scored a complete set of someone's VHS tapes on eBay, but I have yet to review it from start to finish. When I finally get around to transferring everything, I'll be happy to share!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

HungerCity wrote:I scored a complete set of someone's VHS tapes on eBay, but I have yet to review it from start to finish. When I finally get around to transferring everything, I'll be happy to share!
I'd love to have rips from original broacast of the first season. There are few small differences in there...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

qbin2001 wrote:
HungerCity wrote:I scored a complete set of someone's VHS tapes on eBay, but I have yet to review it from start to finish. When I finally get around to transferring everything, I'll be happy to share!
I'd love to have rips from original broacast of the first season. There are few small differences in there...
I'm actually surprised it's not discussed more. The amount of changes they have made to the series over the years. Mostly f/x shots I think. I think the U.S. laserdisc set is close if not the same as the original broadcasts. Sorry, I know this doesn't help the op.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I still have my original VHS tapes of the original airings. But they don't include the commercials as they were cut out by pausing the the recording when they were originally recorded. ANd some of the previously and next on segments are missing.

They were watched countless times and look pretty bad at this point.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Ross wrote:I still have my original VHS tapes of the original airings. But they don't include the commercials as they were cut out by pausing the the recording when they were originally recorded. And some of the previously and next on segments are missing.
It would really be great to have digital copies of those original tapes, for posterity sake.