Wanted! Wrapped in Plastic numbers 28, 34, 53 and 56

Forum dedicated to Twin Peaks photos, props, and other rare Twin Peaks memorabilia.

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

ShaunDLondon
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Wanted! Wrapped in Plastic numbers 28, 34, 53 and 56

Postby ShaunDLondon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:59 am

Hi Folks,

I am finally nearing completion of my WIP collection, it has taken many years to do this. I am missing numbers 28, 34, 53 and 56. If anyone has spares to sell please get in touch shaun.dellenty@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks-Shaun :D
User avatar
LostInTheMovies
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: Wanted! Wrapped in Plastic numbers 28, 34, 53 and 56

Postby LostInTheMovies » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:14 pm

ShaunDLondon wrote:Hi Folks,

I am finally nearing completion of my WIP collection, it has taken many years to do this. I am missing numbers 28, 34, 53 and 56. If anyone has spares to sell please get in touch shaun.dellenty@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks-Shaun :D


I recently listened to the Twin Peaks Unwrapped podcast interview with Craig Miller's father and I think he said that if issues are listed as sold out on the new website (http://wrappedinplasticmag.com/), as all of those particular issues are, there might be an unfulfilled order or leftovers or something and if you write to his PO Box he may be able to help you. Sort of a convoluted process, but to fulfill your collection it might be worthwhile! Here's the interview if you want to check it out: http://twinpeaksunwrapped.com/e/twin-peaks-unwrapped-13-john-thorne/ (the interview comes after the one w/ John Thorne & starts around 58:00)

I need to snatch up some of those back issues myself, while they're still available at such affordable prices. The first time I watched any Twin Peaks was the year after they discontinued, so I never got to collect any when they were new. :( That's awesome that you'll have a complete collection - I'm envious!
SheWoreTheRing
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: Wanted! Wrapped in Plastic numbers 28, 34, 53 and 56

Postby SheWoreTheRing » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:36 pm

Funnily enough, I needed all 4 of those as well. Then, I found 28 in a stack of Spectrum zines I had bought and was happy.

Last week, I bought 34 on ebay.

So, I still need 53 and 56, and have seen that other people need them too. Were less of those made?

Also, the only other issues I need are 2, 5 and 7. They're on ebay for $200 each. Are they this rare? Were no 2nd pressings issued? I can't imagine the deal given I have 1,3,4,6,8,... but anyway.

Thanks and good luck to both of us in our hunt ;)
SheWoreTheRing
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: Wanted! Wrapped in Plastic numbers 28, 34, 53 and 56

Postby SheWoreTheRing » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:02 am

Well, my collection is complete after 8 years of on-off collecting.

And what a perfect year to read through them.
User avatar
rsngfrce
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:36 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Wanted! Wrapped in Plastic numbers 28, 34, 53 and 56

Postby rsngfrce » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:12 pm

LostInTheMovies wrote:
ShaunDLondon wrote:Hi Folks,

I am finally nearing completion of my WIP collection, it has taken many years to do this. I am missing numbers 28, 34, 53 and 56. If anyone has spares to sell please get in touch shaun.dellenty@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks-Shaun :D


I recently listened to the Twin Peaks Unwrapped podcast interview with Craig Miller's father and I think he said that if issues are listed as sold out on the new website (http://wrappedinplasticmag.com/), as all of those particular issues are, there might be an unfulfilled order or leftovers or something and if you write to his PO Box he may be able to help you. Sort of a convoluted process, but to fulfill your collection it might be worthwhile! Here's the interview if you want to check it out: http://twinpeaksunwrapped.com/e/twin-peaks-unwrapped-13-john-thorne/ (the interview comes after the one w/ John Thorne & starts around 58:00)

I need to snatch up some of those back issues myself, while they're still available at such affordable prices. The first time I watched any Twin Peaks was the year after they discontinued, so I never got to collect any when they were new. :( That's awesome that you'll have a complete collection - I'm envious!


The http://www.wrappedinplasticmag.com/ website is an ESSENTIAL resource if you are looking for back issues of Wrapped in Plastic! After drooling over the http://spectrummagazines.bizland.com/ site for some time, but being unable to place an order there, I discovered Howard Miller's website at just about the perfect time, I think I may have placed one of the first orders there (because he jacked up the shipping price after sending my first order!).

Within the last six months, I have gone from having NO issues to every issue except #46 and #56, largely through that site and some other dedicated searching. Every issue I have received from Howard's site has been in MINT condition. I have corresponded with Howard by e-mail and he does sometimes find copies of issues that are listed as sold out. However, in the interview mentioned, he stated that he wasn't going to update the website for these, that is NOT necessarily true, because by rechecking the site from time to time, I have found previously listed out of stock issues IN STOCK... I even got a copy of the reprint version of issue #1 that way!

The site CURRENTLY shows issues 28, 34 and 53 in stock (in my personal opinion, issue 28 is overpriced there and can be found cheaper if you look around a bit). Assuming he ships outside the USA, which I don't know, I think this would definitely be the way to go.

(Oh and it is well worth mentioning that Howard is selling these to raise money for Craig's daughter's college fund, so you are doing a good deed by purchasing there too!)

(and if anyone has a copy of #46 and/or #56 they want to sell for a fair price... :D )
Last edited by rsngfrce on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
rsngfrce
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:36 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Wanted! Wrapped in Plastic numbers 28, 34, 53 and 56

Postby rsngfrce » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:17 pm

SheWoreTheRing wrote:Funnily enough, I needed all 4 of those as well. Then, I found 28 in a stack of Spectrum zines I had bought and was happy.

Last week, I bought 34 on ebay.

So, I still need 53 and 56, and have seen that other people need them too. Were less of those made?

Also, the only other issues I need are 2, 5 and 7. They're on ebay for $200 each. Are they this rare? Were no 2nd pressings issued? I can't imagine the deal given I have 1,3,4,6,8,... but anyway.

Thanks and good luck to both of us in our hunt ;)


Those $200 eBay prices are a JOKE! You CAN find these for a fair price if you are dedicated and patient!

Return to “Twin Peaks Collectors”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests