20th Anniversary Art Exhibition & Product Release

Forum dedicated to Twin Peaks photos, props, and other rare Twin Peaks memorabilia.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rebel
Great Northern Member

Re: 20th Anniversary Art Exhibition & Product Release

Post by Rebel »

Question, when was the last exihiption? Philladelphea? sorry If I spelled wrong.I have a poster from that need to check my closet heh!
T P 20
RR Diner Member

Post by T P 20 »

Our first exhibition took place last February in Los Angeles. I remember hearing about a Twin Peaks art show in Philadelphia, but that wasn't ours...
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

T P 20 wrote:Our first exhibition took place last February in Los Angeles. I remember hearing about a Twin Peaks art show in Philadelphia, but that wasn't ours...
There was a Twin Peaks themed art show here in Philly in April of 2010. I didn't find out about it until the day of and couldn't go. It was really just one artist, who had made some TP figurines. It looked pretty cool. My friend went and reported back that they had set up a black lodge/red room area where you could take photos and that the exhibit was appropriately themed with things like the Sheriff's Department sign.

About nine years ago, there was a exhibition of David's early artwork in Reading, PA - about 45 minutes outside of Philadelphia. I actually got a press pass for that and did a write up of it for a now defunct website (French, if memory serves). I think that might be the one Rebel has a poster from...because I think I sent it to her! I still have all the photos I took at that show, if people are interested I can make an album...
T P 20
RR Diner Member

Post by T P 20 »

Right-- I think that one was at Rodger LaPelle's Gallery (where David worked as a printer when he lived in Phila., right?). And I think I remember reading your write-up (with photos and prices) back in the DL.com days!!
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

T P 20 wrote:Right-- I think that one was at Rodger LaPelle's Gallery (where David worked as a printer when he lived in Phila., right?). And I think I remember reading your write-up (with photos and prices) back in the DL.com days!!
It was not at LaPelle's gallery, which is here in the city, but many of the pieces from that collection were on display in Reading, alongside pieces that are now in private hands. I'll put the pictures up - they're worth seeing.

LaPelle had a showing of Lynch's work in Philadelphia around the time of Twin Peaks, the poster for which I've attached.

jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

For those interested, I've posted images from the 2003 Reading exhibit in a new thread.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

That's the one jmichael!!! thank you! I still have that poster and that postcard/pass. thank you :)
dugpa
Site Admin

20th Anniversary Art Exhibition & Product Release

Post by dugpa »

T P 20 wrote:Dugpa, I'm looking into your Lorey Sebastian idea. Will let you know.
Just saw this now. Fingers are crossed.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

anyone goin to this one? just wanna know, show pics!!!!
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Rebel wrote:anyone goin to this one? just wanna know, show pics!!!!
Definitely! Will go and report back.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Lynch-D
Roadhouse Member

Post by Lynch-D »

dugpa wrote:
T P 20 wrote:Dugpa, I'm looking into your Lorey Sebastian idea. Will let you know.
Just saw this now. Fingers are crossed.
Lorey Sebastian's hypothetical haul of FWWM stills is my holy grail too.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Especially since they may be the closest to getting a glimpse of the Deleted Scenes to FWWM. :)
T P 20
RR Diner Member

Post by T P 20 »

First the good news:

Art for the FWWM show next month is beginning to come in and it's amazing. Will post some images here soon.

Also, David just approved our proposed merchandise for the FWWM Anniversary, so we will definitely be creating some stuff. As mentioned before, the merchandise release will be completely separate from the art show and online-only. It will also be be more limited than last time-- in both scale and total numbers produced. For some items we may have to impose a 1-per-person limit to be fair. And depending on the production schedule for items we've never created before, we may also try to spread out the merchandise release in 2 or 3 waves throughout the year. (Which as a fan is how I would prefer it-- it'll be easier on everyone's wallets that way.) Major, major thanks are due to Jerry and the Twin Peaks Archive for both ideas and vital hard-core support with this next release. A few of the things we're hoping to do literally wouldn't exist without him.

As for the bad news:

Dugpa's Lorey Sebastian photography idea doesn't look like it will be happening-- at least not in time for the art show. It's not totally dead, but it's not looking good.

More info soon-- thanks as always for your interest and support!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Robert, I'm so exited right now! You have done so much for the fans - thank you!

Let us know all the latest juicy details!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM