Music on Inland Empire

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

take a look at fnac.com

it is said the soundtrack will be released on 09/03, and there is even a cover art... but strangely, there's nothing on amazon.com.
DarkGlobe

Post by DarkGlobe »

doublemain wrote:take a look at fnac.com

it is said the soundtrack will be released on 09/03, and there is even a cover art... but strangely, there's nothing on amazon.com.
According to fnac it will be in mono !?
doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

according to someone on the allocine message board, the tracklist will be as follow :

01 David Lynch "Ghost of Love" 5:30
02 David Lynch "Rabbits Theme" 0:59
03 Mantovani "Colours of My Life" 3:50
04 David Lynch "Woods Variation" 12:19
05 Dave Brubeck "Three To Get Ready" 5:22
06 Boguslaw Schaeffer "Klavier Konzert" 5:26
07 Kroke "The Secrets of Life Tree" 3:27
08 Little Eva "The Locomotion" 2:24
09 David Lynch "BBQ Theme" 2:58
10 Krzysztof Penderecki "Als Jakob Erwachte" 7:27
11 Witold Lutoslawski "Novelette Conclusion" (excerpt) /
Joey Altruda "Lisa" (edit) 3:42
12 Beck "Black Tambourine" (film version) 2:47
13 David Lynch "Mansion Theme" 2:18
14 David Lynch "Walkin' on the Sky" 4:04
15 David Lynch / Marek Zebrowski "Polish Night Music No. 1" 4:18
16 David Lynch / Chrysta Bell "Polish Poem" 5:55
17 Nina Simone "Sinnerman" (edit) 6:40
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

great, thanks doublemain - finally, a full 5:30 of that wonderful track everyone wants. interesting to see that Amazon France now lists it, again with the 3rd Sep release date, but nowhere else appears to have any info on it. are we to assume this is coming out in France first? i find it hard to think that anywhere will stock it in the UK / US this coming Monday without it having been more publicised...
doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

it is, finally, listed on amazon.com, and set for a 9/11 release date.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

doublemain wrote:it is, finally, listed on amazon.com, and set for a 9/11 release date.
Great News!!
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
knowthyself

Post by knowthyself »

Which song is the one with the lyrics, "so strange what love does." The one that played in the trailer and that david seems to do vocals on.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

knowthyself wrote:Which song is the one with the lyrics, "so strange what love does." The one that played in the trailer and that david seems to do vocals on.
Ghost Of Love.

RR
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

could dugpa or anyone else with any email contact with Absurda try to establish when the OST is slated for release in the UK / Europe? it seems to still say 3rd Sept on Amazon France, but having ordered it from there, the listing now says "usually dispatched within 1-2 weeks".

any info would be greatly appreciated, so i can work out whether or not to order it from the US! thanks in advance for any help with this.
kerplooey
Roadhouse Member

Post by kerplooey »

Don't worry, the score actually ran a couple of days late in France. It wasn't in the racks on the 3rd but has started popping up in CD stores from wednesday. I just bought my copy today in a FNAC store.

My guess is that the packaging will be exactly the same for each country (the credits on the back say: Package Design: David Lynch). Plus the sealed CD has that (rather annoying) sticker with the title on the top of the box that prevents you from opening it and breaks into pieces when you try to remove it (as it's glued too hard). Well that sticker only usually comes with the US imports, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a direct import from the US manufacturer, just not labeled as such.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

biotron wrote:could dugpa or anyone else with any email contact with Absurda try to establish when the OST is slated for release in the UK / Europe? it seems to still say 3rd Sept on Amazon France, but having ordered it from there, the listing now says "usually dispatched within 1-2 weeks".

any info would be greatly appreciated, so i can work out whether or not to order it from the US! thanks in advance for any help with this.
Amazon UK now have it listed also:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... telinth-21

It's clearly an import of the US release, but at least there will be no customs, or international shipping charges for us Brits. I've just placed my order... :-)

RR
Last edited by Red Room on Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

great - thanks for the info, guys!
Fall_of_Sophia
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fall_of_Sophia »

Red Room wrote:
biotron wrote:could dugpa or anyone else with any email contact with Absurda try to establish when the OST is slated for release in the UK / Europe? it seems to still say 3rd Sept on Amazon France, but having ordered it from there, the listing now says "usually dispatched within 1-2 weeks".

Amazon UK now have it listed also:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... telinth-21

It's clearly an import of the US release, but at least there will be no customs, or international shipping charges for us Brits. I've just placed my order... :-)

RR

Me too :lol: . Can't wait.