New DVD

Discussion of Eraserhead

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

New DVD

Post by Pete Martell »

I know that there is a '2000' edition on DVD which was re-released in 2006.Now it is part of a boxset containing 'Eraserhead' plus DL's Short Films and is listed for pre-order.Here is a link to Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Eraserhead-Short- ... 327&sr=1-4
I think that this is the same boxset that was previously available only through davidlynch.com,but i don't know if this includes any special packaging (8x8,booklet etc.)?Does anyone has more information about this?

P.S.If it's the new print then PM me ASAP.
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

Thanks Pete!

Very interesting...

I think your instincts are correct and it's just a re-packaging/re-selling of the two DVDs that were available on the DL.com site.
Chip Rock

Post by Chip Rock »

I hope it's okay to ask on this thread, but I was wondering about the situation with a Region 2 version of Eraserhead '2000'. Perhaps someone might know about this?
I know multi-region players are fairly common these days, but it looks like buying from the States can end up getting a little pricey.
Could it be that (like Twin Peaks S2?) there's some kind of legal issue with it being released in the UK?
Maybe Lynch just doesn't like us over here :wink:
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

There was (and perhaps still may be) a legal holdup with getting the EH dvd out in the UK. Apparently another country held the rights to the film there and Lynch had to wait for that agreement to expire before he could sell the new version abroad.

According to the DL.com store, they would have been free to sell the DVD in the UK starting last summer, so I'm not sure what the situation is as of right now.
Chip Rock

Post by Chip Rock »

Thanks jmichael, I did wonder if that might have been the case.
Seems like multi-region players and import DVD's are the way to go right now - there's actually quite a few films I like that aren't available in the UK so it's just gonna be something I'll have to get used to, damnit!
rss

Post by rss »

Hoping that someday it will available in Europe..because ordering from david's site is just too expensive..
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

rss & others who might be interested, you can get the Eraserhead 2000 dvd pretty easily in Finland. It's region 0 and not that expensive. Try google.
mjwilson
Roadhouse Member

Post by mjwilson »

Chip Rock wrote:I hope it's okay to ask on this thread, but I was wondering about the situation with a Region 2 version of Eraserhead '2000'. Perhaps someone might know about this?
I know multi-region players are fairly common these days, but it looks like buying from the States can end up getting a little pricey.
Ordering US DVDs from the UK is rarely pricey at the moment, with the state of the dollar. For example, playusa.com list a price of £13.99 for Eraserhead, including delivery - although it's not very clear from the page that it's the Eraserhead 2000 version, there's just a "DVD" text on the cover image that makes it look like it probably is.

And there seem to be some copies listed on amazon.com via their resellers which look like they would cost about the same.
rss

Post by rss »

siriusmystery wrote:rss & others who might be interested, you can get the Eraserhead 2000 dvd pretty easily in Finland. It's region 0 and not that expensive. Try google.
I found one place thats sells it for 27e..I think that's pretty expensive for one movie..
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

rss wrote: I found one place thats sells it for 27e..I think that's pretty expensive for one movie..
27 e is not that bad for an import dvd, actually it's pretty ok.
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

siriusmystery wrote:
rss wrote: I found one place thats sells it for 27e..I think that's pretty expensive for one movie..
27 e is not that bad for an import dvd, actually it's pretty ok.
I got the region 1 for 129 NOK in Norway, and it was even on sale... That's about 22 dollars.
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

Christian1989 wrote: I got the region 1 for 129 NOK in Norway, and it was even on sale... That's about 22 dollars.
Sounds like a very good deal. 22 dollars is only about 15 euros. Around 30 euros is what you have to pay for an import dvd in Finland. If there was finnish/nordic release of Eraserhead it would be cheaper off course.
piero
RR Diner Member

Re: New DVD

Post by piero »

I just received the new italian edition of Eraserhead. Extra features:
1- six men gettin sick
2- the alphabet
3- the grandmother

a small book inside the cover of the dvd featuring pictures, story and other great stuff! Here's some pictures! Hope you like it!
Attachments
eraser.jpg
eraser.jpg (472.45 KiB) Viewed 26984 times
Roomservice...