New Badalamenti interview (with confirmation about S3)

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hopper
Roadhouse Member

New Badalamenti interview (with confirmation about S3)

Post by Hopper »

First of all, I quote him to keep away any possible doubt about his implication in season 3:
“David was right here, sitting in your chair, almost five years ago,” Angelo Badalamenti reminisced in the sun room of his suburban New Jersey home last month. “He said, ‘Angelo, how do you feel about Twin Peaks 25 years later?’ I said, ‘What are you talking about? 25 years later? What’s not to like. It’s Twin Peaks.’” Badalamenti, of course, was bound to be one of the first people to be looped in on David Lynch's upcoming Twin Peaks revival — as the Grammy-winning composer of Twin Peaks’ entire series, as well as the prequel film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Badalamenti’s hauntingly beautiful original score is widely considered to be the greatest in television history, effortlessly combining smokey jazz and synth-pop to accompany the goings-on in the quirky northwestern town.
That's the beginning of this Vulture piece, in which Badalamenti share some thoughts and anecdotes about five popular songs from Twin Peaks.

Enjoy!