Twin Peaks Archive track by track blurbs?

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kerplooey
Roadhouse Member

Twin Peaks Archive track by track blurbs?

Post by kerplooey »

Hi everyone. I apologize in advance if this question has been adressed/answered in the forum. I've been looking and haven't found it, but I might have missed something.

Anyway, some of you probably remember back when the dl.com site had turned from a David Lynch experimentations hub to the host of the Twin Peaks archive: you could buy the newly added music track by track, or sometimes as bundles, but for nearly all of the songs, you could read a brief description of the tracks before you bought them. They gave you brief, but interesting info on what made the track special from other versions, sometimes what instruments were used, how it was written, and so on. When you added up all those little blurbs, they ended up giving you quite a new insight on the creation of the series and movie soundtrack.
Back then I bought every track as soon as it was released, hoping my feeble financial support would help encourage them to keep adding more tracks. What I didn't do, though, was save the bits of text I mentionned above, proably in a silly asumption that the new dl.com had become host to this music for all eternity, and whenever I'd want to read those descriptions again I would just have to go back there.

Of course, the David Lynch site changed purpose once again, and is now host to Lynch's own music, and now that I'm having a big Twin Peaks music trip in expectation of the new season, I'd really love to be able to read the descriptions again. The purchased tracks each have their own embedded art but, to my knowledge (I could be playing them with the wrong programs), no text.

Knowing how dedicated some of you are to this music, I thought you might have stored all the text in question somewhere, or could point me to an online source that does have them.

Any help would be appreciated!

O.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Archive track by track blurbs?

Post by hopesfall »

Hello Kerplooey!

I too enjoyed the little descriptions that came with each track. Rather frustratingly, the only period that the wayback machine, at web.archive.org, doesn't have grabs of the site, is during this period! Luckily however, dugpa's very own Jerry Horne (and others) very kindly took screencaps of said 'blurbs' in this thread: http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1735.

It might take some scraping through the discussion to find each one, but they're all in there. :D
kerplooey
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks Archive track by track blurbs?

Post by kerplooey »

Awesome! Thank you so much. You rock!