Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Ross »

I added a new "unreleased" tab on my site that I will keep updated:

http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... -list.html
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

From your list, Ross...
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Drums & Bass)
There isn't only drums & bass sounds in this version but also flute and vibraphone in unison. So imho mute solo or something like that would be more correct subtitle. Besides this version is just like DOTDM (clarinet) arrangement (Cooper's 1st morning at GN) but without clarinet part. So DOTDM title would be more correct, wouldn't it?

And + to the list: The Mill Deal - The Owl bridge :wink:
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:From your list, Ross...
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Drums & Bass)
There isn't only drums & bass sounds in this version but also flute and vibraphone in unison. So imho mute solo or something like that would be more correct subtitle. Besides this version is just like DOTDM (clarinet) arrangement (Cooper's 1st morning at GN) but without clarinet part. So DOTDM title would be more correct, wouldn't it?

And + to the list: The Mill Deal - The Owl bridge :wink:
Yeah- you're right. Maybe "Clean" is better. And the naming is kinda messed up, since they also released "Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version 2)" which is again the same background (but with the vibraphone solo).
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

There probably arent many pieces like this-but I'd like to get a complete round-up of non Angelo tracks that exist and are obtainable on the web from the series-such as the Chopin piece heard in ep 21 or 22, and the exact version of 'what a wonderful world'. not sure if pennsylvania 6-5000 was an old recording or if angelo and the boys re-did it somehow.
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

Brad D wrote:There probably arent many pieces like this-but I'd like to get a complete round-up of non Angelo tracks that exist and are obtainable on the web from the series-such as the Chopin piece heard in ep 21 or 22, and the exact version of 'what a wonderful world'. not sure if pennsylvania 6-5000 was an old recording or if angelo and the boys re-did it somehow.
The Glen Miller Band recording used is from the In The Digital Mood cd. I did find the Louis Station
Armstrong recording, albeit without the spoken intro. I also believe Alica Witt did not perform the Mendholssen (sp?) piece heard in ep 8, and I think I did find that recording too... If you listen close, it seems that a dry recording of a grand, not an upright, piano is heard...
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

OK,Bob wrote:
Brad D wrote:There probably arent many pieces like this-but I'd like to get a complete round-up of non Angelo tracks that exist and are obtainable on the web from the series-such as the Chopin piece heard in ep 21 or 22, and the exact version of 'what a wonderful world'. not sure if pennsylvania 6-5000 was an old recording or if angelo and the boys re-did it somehow.
The Glen Miller Band recording used is from the In The Digital Mood cd. I did find the Louis Station
Armstrong recording, albeit without the spoken intro. I also believe Alica Witt did not perform the Mendholssen (sp?) piece heard in ep 8, and I think I did find that recording too... If you listen close, it seems that a dry recording of a grand, not an upright, piano is heard...
Actually, I forgot I have the version of WWW on my computer at home. Thanks for the Glen Miller info!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

It's not Chopin it's Grieg:
Grieg - Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 - Allegro Molto Moderato conducted by unknown orchestra.

Opera track "La Speranza" is listed as Badalamenti track (?)

"Pensylvania 6500" by Glen Miller was released on "In the Digital Mood".
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Mood-Glen ... B0000001PL

"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong was released on "Louis And Friends (Bluebird First Editions Series)"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013A ... =dm_ty_alb
Last edited by qbin2001 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Brad D wrote:and the exact version of 'what a wonderful world'.
'Exact' version is not available - it's looped (part of it is twice) :twisted:
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

ComaMJ33 wrote:
underthefan wrote:
ComaMJ33 wrote:Hi, I'm back on this board. I think I had signed up a few years back under a different now nonexistent email, but I never posted anything. I had a question about the TP Archive Music "open album." In this case when referring to an "open album," does that mean that if you buy the album for the $70 for all of the bundles that you get future releases automatically? My instincts tell me that this would not be the case, but details are scarce on the Lynch Music webpage which times out on my older laptop frequently and I don't have the time to read all 160 pages of this thread. So if someone would help me out by answering this for me I would be very grateful. Thanks
Hey Coma, your instincts are right. This is only for the album so far. You would have to pay extra for future releases, but there probably aren't very many left.

On a side note, I'd love to go to FWWM20 Art Show if anyone wants to come with!
Thanks so much for the very prompt response. I've had trouble with the website due to all the flash player stuff and my low disc space. Therefore, I get through about 4 bundle/album descriptions and it completely freezes on me. I have been reading this board for years I just never signed up again because I don't usually post much of forums. I really have had a hard time waiting to buy the archived music through the site, I NEED to hear it.

Since most of the music in the archives has likely been released by now, which method would everyone recommend purchasing these tracks since I want all of them? Purchase each bundle individually over time, or the entire album to date? Like I said I have trouble with the complexity of the site and my computer, so if someone would answer these other question and if someone who may have added up the cost would let me know which way is cheaper (I would normally do my own math) that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
I'd recommend shelling out the $70 or whatever it is for the whole album so far and just get it in one large purchase. I guarantee you you won't be disappointed. In fact, I think TP Archive is the best thing to happen for us TP fans ever since the show came out (and I bet many on this board would agree with me). I know DL's site can be hard to navigate, so if you need more information about specific tracks that you can't read on the site, check out:

http://www.twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/ (just scroll down to older posts and you will find info about all the releases)
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... track.html (this includes fantastic cover art for each release and more info, as well).

Hope this helps and enjoy!
ComaMJ33

Post by ComaMJ33 »

Thanks so much for the very prompt response. I've had trouble with the website due to all the flash player stuff and my low disc space. Therefore, I get through about 4 bundle/album descriptions and it completely freezes on me. I have been reading this board for years I just never signed up again because I don't usually post much of forums. I really have had a hard time waiting to buy the archived music through the site, I NEED to hear it.

I'd recommend shelling out the $70 or whatever it is for the whole album so far and just get it in one large purchase. I guarantee you you won't be disappointed. In fact, I think TP Archive is the best thing to happen for us TP fans ever since the show came out (and I bet many on this board would agree with me). I know DL's site can be hard to navigate, so if you need more information about specific tracks that you can't read on the site, check out:

http://www.twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/ (just scroll down to older posts and you will find info about all the releases)
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... track.html (this includes fantastic cover art for each release and more info, as well).

Hope this helps and enjoy![/quote]

Thanks for the assistance. I know I won't be disappointed for sure, it's just that I kept delaying my purchase of the Archive Album now it's up to $70 (But worth it for sure), and although I agree that it would be much easier to download, with the T P 20 FWWM stuff coming out soon, I'd would like to get something (missed out/late on the T P 20 merch). I also, just purchased that incredible "archived pilot A" 8x12 photo.

By the way, besides the amazing individual artwork for each bundle my favorite part of the http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com site is the episode guide to when the tracks were played (Thanks for that!). I'm excited to make an itunes playlist using that episode breakdown once I get that music to go along with the other 3 CD's I have.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

New music tonight? My wish list this week:

Earle's Theme (Strings) [unused]
The Swan (Instrumental)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

My top 5 hopefuls remain the same again:

James & Evelyn
Jean Renault's Theme (Solo Bass Clarinet)
Earle’s Theme 2 (Audrey’s Walk)
Packards’ Vibration (Original TV Version)
Earle's Theme (Strings) [unused]
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

ONE-EYED JACK'S BUNDLE
OEJ Parlour Country
OEJ's Owner ("Such stuff...")
Jean Renault's Theme
One-Armed Man's Theme & Jean Renault's Theme (mix)
Sneaky Audrey - The Chip

GREAT NORTHERN BUNDLE #2
Leland's Dance (Just call me Fred)
Dick Tremayne's Swing

SOUND EFFECTS BUNDLE
Giant's Theme
Pale Horse

and so on...

Singles:
James & Evelyn
Evelyn's Mourning
FS/DOTDM (clean aka mute solo)
The Swan (instrumental)
La Speranza
The Mill Deal - The Owl
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

DEniZZrus wrote: Dick Tremayne's Swing
So I'm not the only one who want this one! :wink:
DEniZZrus wrote: La Speranza
I'm really curious, what is the story of this track. It so unusual for Badalamenti's music. I really want to know where it came from.
BookhouseBoyBob
Site Admin

Post by BookhouseBoyBob »

Still hoping for Audrey's Walk (Earl's Theme) .... I think that's what Ross suggested for the name..