Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote:Do I remember rightly someone mentioning a Christmas version of the Twin Peaks theme on some DVD special feature or other project? I'm guessing sleigh bells. That might be a neat bonus track to throw in this month, if it's lurking somewhere.:)
Yep, I'm sure it's on the Gold Box somewhere. I think it originated on a Japanese TV special. I'm assuming it's a Badalementi original. Would be sublime to get it this Christmas!
It was on a TV commercial that aired here in the US- I remember seeing it back when it originally aired. The ad is really short (about 12 seconds) and features stop-motion animation (its very Pee-Wee's Playhouse-y). Its on the Gold Box bonus disc under the section with commercials. Perhaps there is a longer version of the song?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Can't wait to see what the bundle on monday will be.

Here's my current top five hopefuls:
Laura Palmer's Theme (Bass Guitar Punctuation)
Audrey's Dance (Clean Fast)
Freshly Squeezed (Clean)
James & Evelyn
White Lodge Rumble
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Hey Ross,

I was wondering if (since I love your album covers so much) you could possibly (if you feel the urge) go back into your "archive" of album covers of previous releases and see which ones we are using the same album covers for multiple tracks and possibly make more album covers for some of them (ie Great Northern Piano tunes, etc). I think the later releases you have made different covers for all of them, but some of the earlier releases many tracks use the same album cover (RR tracks, Hawaiian tunes, etc.). It would be interesting to see a list of the ones with the same covers to see which ones could have different covers. I love looking at them each time a new track starts on my iPod and this would be yet another thing to look forward to. There are so many wonderful screenshots from Twin Peaks it would be a shame for some of them to go underappreciated :lol:

Just an idea. I know it would be more work for you, but maybe it would be fun. I know the rest of us here would like them very much. :D
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
dunkrag
Roadhouse Member

Post by dunkrag »

I'd also like to add that I am also in no rush to get all these tracks.

It's a complete treat to get any of this stuff at all and a miracle that most of it still even exists in a releasable form.

Get them to us when you are ready Dean and whenever you can. Thanks for the great work.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

I am also in no rush to get them all. The longer it takes, the longer pleasure of surprises ;-)

I don't care what will be released this week, I'd be happy with every track!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I would be happy if it took 5 more years to release everything. I promise.
Attachments
Favim.com-4160.jpg
Favim.com-4160.jpg (57.82 KiB) Viewed 8070 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
kyuzo
Roadhouse Member

Post by kyuzo »

Thank you so much Dean for all the work you are putting in to release these gems. I am grateful for every track and will continue supporting David Lynch for all future releases of Twin Peaks Archive songs.

I got into the Twin Peaks universe only a year ago, so the anticipation of knowing a new bundle is coming out tomorrow makes me think of the excitement the show's fans must have felt the day before a new twin peaks episode would air, and how amazing it is for something like this to happen 20 years after the show ended.

Also thanks to everyone here that has put time into creating covers and music guides for the tracks.
The black dog runs at night.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

David Lynch and Dean will be at Amobea Music in Hollywood Tuesday for a signing and DJ set by Dean.

http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/perfor ... rtist.html
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Sooooo... :roll: :shock:
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:Sooooo... :roll: :shock:
Maybe tonight?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:Sooooo... :roll: :shock:
Maybe tonight?
I doubt it with Lynch and Dean doing an appearance at Amoeba tonight. My guess is Thursday.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

coolspringsj wrote:Hey Ross,

I was wondering if (since I love your album covers so much) you could possibly (if you feel the urge) go back into your "archive" of album covers of previous releases and see which ones we are using the same album covers for multiple tracks and possibly make more album covers for some of them (ie Great Northern Piano tunes, etc). I think the later releases you have made different covers for all of them, but some of the earlier releases many tracks use the same album cover (RR tracks, Hawaiian tunes, etc.). It would be interesting to see a list of the ones with the same covers to see which ones could have different covers. I love looking at them each time a new track starts on my iPod and this would be yet another thing to look forward to. There are so many wonderful screenshots from Twin Peaks it would be a shame for some of them to go underappreciated :lol:

Just an idea. I know it would be more work for you, but maybe it would be fun. I know the rest of us here would like them very much. :D
Thanks so much for the compliments! Always great to know people like the site and appreciate the time I've put in. (I love the music, and doing the art, so its all time well spent for me). I actually wasn't sure if people still check out the site anymore, so any feedback is always appreciated!!

These are the only tracks with more than one track per cover:

Deer Meadow Shuffle
Original & Film Version
Mysterioso #1
Original & Film Version
Mysterioso #2
Original & Film Version
RR Diner Songs (names listed on cover)
Northwest Gulch
Secret Country
Picking On Country
Western Ballad
Great Northern Piano Songs
Great Northern Piano Tune #1
Great Northern Piano Tune #2 (Josie And Truman)
Great Northern Piano Tune #3
Hawaiian Songs (names listed on cover)
South Sea Dream
Hula Hoppin'
Hank's Theme
1 & 2

I've actually been working on some individual covers for the RR & Hawaiian tracks, so those should be up soon. They turned out pretty cool.

Thanks again.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i really wish Ray Wise had gone into the studio and cut atleast a few tracks of big band stuff like "getting to know you", etc.. now THAT would be my dream bundle.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Was just looking at the two scenes in our list(s) that feature Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version)

We had it as:
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version)
Episode 01: Cooper & Truman at the RR, Cooper introduced to Norma, Log lady tells them her log "saw something that night"
Episode 03: Shelly reenacts Leland crying on Laura's coffin, Cooper meets with Truman, Ed & Hawk

Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version 2)
Unused

But it seems that it is actually Version 2 that plays in these two scenes, meaning the other one was actually unused. What do you think? Qbin?
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Yes you're right Ross ;-)

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk
Last edited by qbin2001 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.