Lynch Class in College

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

Lynch Class in College

Post by Annie »

Saw this in Live Journal (where I co-moderate the David Lynch community)---guy said he missed this class at Rutgers! Can you imagine; an entire course based on Lynch! Wowie!!!

Last edited by Annie on Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

I love that. If it hadn't been done before this, it was about damn time. Now let's get some community film classes going on Mr. Lynch so we can all study him.
Leland's daughter was murdered and the Norwegians left.
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

Sort of related: John Wentworth used to teach at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena--not about Lynch but Experimental Film in general and he did talk about his days as associate producer (or was it as an assistant) on Blue Velvet and at the time was working on the Web Site with him.
vlucca

Re: Lynch Class in College

Post by vlucca »

I took a class that was on Cronenburg, Kubrick and Lynch briefly. I thought it would be amazing, but a lot of the people in it didn't really care about anybody but Kubrick. I ended up dropping it because I didn't feel like I was learning anything new. (Our discussion of Dr. Strangelove was reduced to naming examples of phallic imagery which was mind-blowingly banal.) I knew I was in real trouble when I was the only person who laughed during The Cowboy and The Frenchman. I guess it's hard to learn about something you love so much.
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

Wow...a whole course on Lynch!! I can't think of anything better! I'd do extra work for that one!