Lynch's health:

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Metalane

Lynch's health:

Post by Metalane »

I've seen users on Youtube and Reddit express their concern for Lynch's physical well-being throughout the past few months or so and I just wondering what this forum thinks of it. He's definitely lost a bit of weight and his voice sounds "weaker", I guess. He is 74 after all, but I'm optimistic that he's fine. Maybe it's because he's been stuck indoors for most of the year?
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Lynch's health:

Post by Soolsma »

It's ridiculous, but, I've dreamed of this. My dream was like a all-or-nothing kind of situation in which Lynch was about to die. There were numbers about, corona and what not. A threshold was set...a round meter slowly filling up reaching almost 99%, but then it seems Lynch is somehow invulnerable to all this. A golden circle upheld it all.

Thank you dugpa for being my dream dairy here and now (you guys should really keep one, or at least talk about your dreams the minute you wake!)

I'm pretty sure he's given up on smoking by now.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

I was worried for a little while. A couple of videos I'd seen him on left me feeling a little concerned I admit, but the recent interview he did with those two guys online had him chatting away, completely child-like in his enthusiasm, and the most fresh-faced I'd seem him in quite a while, so that placated me somewhat. Not sure if he was having a bad day before, or a bloody good one for the interview, but I personally believe there's plenty of steam left in the Lynch train yet! :)
misterroundheels

Post by misterroundheels »

I personally think a lot of it just has to do with the videos being very informal and shot on webcam/phone, in often very unforgiving light
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Soolsma wrote:It's ridiculous, but, I've dreamed of this. My dream was like a all-or-nothing kind of situation in which Lynch was about to die. There were numbers about, corona and what not. A threshold was set...a round meter slowly filling up reaching almost 99%, but then it seems Lynch is somehow invulnerable to all this. A golden circle upheld it all.

Thank you dugpa for being my dream dairy here and now (you guys should really keep one, or at least talk about your dreams the minute you wake!)

I'm pretty sure he's given up on smoking by now.
Nah, you can see his morning cigarette resting on his desk in most weather reports. I get the impression he probably smokes much less when at home but pretty much chain smokes when under pressure, as evidenced by The Return BTS footage. I'm sure there was some reference of this in the Room to Dream anecdotes?