Eraserhead 2000 Edition - Question...

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Red Room
RR Diner Member

Eraserhead 2000 Edition - Question...

Post by Red Room »

Can anyone please tell me, is the 2000 edition of Eraserhead presented in true widescreen? I've seen contradicting information on the web.

I currently have the 'triple bill' version, which is fine, however I would re-purchase this film to see it in anamorphic widescreen...

Sknaht ni ecnavda.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Ok, in the absence of any replies (!) I did even more research, and whilst there is contradicting advice out there 'on balance' the answer to my own question would appear to be... "yes".
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

I have the UK edition (from the triple bill box set) and the R1 Eraserhead 2000 DVD and there's no comparison. Eraserhead 2000 looks and sounds beautiful and the 'Stories' feauture is manna from heaven. The framing in the two editions is different but Eraserhead 2000 was Lynch supervised and is how he intended it to be seen.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

FaceInTheLeaves wrote:I have the UK edition (from the triple bill box set) and the R1 Eraserhead 2000 DVD and there's no comparison. Eraserhead 2000 looks and sounds beautiful and the 'Stories' feauture is manna from heaven. The framing in the two editions is different but Eraserhead 2000 was Lynch supervised and is how he intended it to be seen.
Thanks for that info' - I appreciate it... Looks like I'll be ordering the R1 version also.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

FaceInTheLeaves wrote:I have the UK edition (from the triple bill box set) and the R1 Eraserhead 2000 DVD and there's no comparison. Eraserhead 2000 looks and sounds beautiful and the 'Stories' feauture is manna from heaven. The framing in the two editions is different but Eraserhead 2000 was Lynch supervised and is how he intended it to be seen.
Nice one. After the description above, immediately went and ordered a copy.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

The best place to buy the Subversive Cinema Eraserhead 2000 DVD (identical to the dl.com edition but in a standard plastic case) if you live in the UK is Amazon marketplace. My Subversive Cinema Eraserhead 2000 DVD only cost around £12.50 delivered, with no import duties.

The 'Stories' feature is around an hour long and is the closest we'll get to a David Lynch commentary. He talks about the making of Eraserhead for about an hour. Even the menu's are fantastic.

One of my all time favourite presents was a signed davidlynch.com Eraserhead 2000 DVD. The packaging's beautiful but it takes half an hour to get the disc out of the box!
Last edited by FaceInTheLeaves on Wed May 09, 2007 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

FaceInTheLeaves wrote:The best place to buy the Subversive Cinema Eraserhead 2000 DVD (identical to the dl.com edition but in a standard plastic case) if you live in the UK is Amazon marketplace. My Subversive Cinema Eraserhead 2000 DVD only cost around £12.50 delivered, with no import duties.
Thanks, but Axel can beat that - £10.89 + 99p postage. No import charges either!

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/858334001039

I've used them for several Region 1 Lynch DVDs recently (including TP S2) and the service has been great. :-)
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

I keep hearing about Axel. Do they ship the DVD in decent packaging? I'd like to buy Boxing Helena from the US but don't want it to arrive in one of those horrible plastic bags. I'd rather spend a bit more on shipping and have it arrive intact - or wait until I go to Seattle in June. I'll have to look on their website.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

That's a fantastic site.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

FaceInTheLeaves wrote:I keep hearing about Axel. Do they ship the DVD in decent packaging?
I've had 4 x separate deliveries from them over the past couple of months, with no real problems...

My 'Dumbland' DVD casing had a slight crack in the corner, but rather than return it I simply changed the case for one of the many spares I have. Otherwise everything else has arrived perfect.

Also, when I had a query about an item that's currently out of stock I had a friendly and helpful response via e-mail within minutes.

I don't have any connection with this company btw, I'm simply a satisfied customer. :-)

I hope this helps...
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

I've had two deliveries from Axel (the first being TP S2), and both came really well packaged. They're cheap, too, so I'll definitely use them again.