Lynch on the late Carlo Rambaldi, creature creator

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob
Roadhouse Member

Lynch on the late Carlo Rambaldi, creature creator

Post by Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob »

I didn't find this posted anywhere in the forum, so here it is.

An article where Lynch talks about the man who designed some of the most memorable creatures in cinematic history (including E.T. and the Guild Navigator in the film Dune): http://slate.me/Nv9vCr
"Now it's dark....."
Annie
Global Moderator

Re: Lynch on the late Carlo Rambaldi, creature creator

Post by Annie »

Great article!! Thanks. I thought it was funny when David said he looked just like ET...
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob »

I can totally see the resemblance! Spooky! :)
Annie wrote:Great article!! Thanks. I thought it was funny when David said he looked just like ET...
"Now it's dark....."
gavriloP
RR Diner Member

Post by gavriloP »

Carlo also did some amazing stuff in italian giallo films in seventies, like Dario Argento's Deep Red. And he did unbelieveable job in Zulawski's Possessed with practically no time or budget!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

gavriloP wrote:Carlo also did some amazing stuff in italian giallo films in seventies, like Dario Argento's Deep Red. And he did unbelieveable job in Zulawski's Possessed with practically no time or budget!
Possession is an amazing film.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
gavriloP
RR Diner Member

Post by gavriloP »

Jerry Horne wrote:
gavriloP wrote:Carlo also did some amazing stuff in italian giallo films in seventies, like Dario Argento's Deep Red. And he did unbelieveable job in Zulawski's Possessed with practically no time or budget!
Yes indeed! Some folks don't like the acting style in Possession (I just noticed my typo, heh) but I think it works very well. It is raw and emotional, and damn interesting mystery. It reminds me of Lynch a bit. That film gave me an urge to go and buy some pink socks :)

It has loads of atmosphere, and that setting in divided Berlin works beautifully. Only negative is the spoiler that comes in the title sequence, but now that we are talking about Carlo Rambaldi, we kinda did the same thing :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

gavriloP wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
Yes indeed! Some folks don't like the acting style in Possession (I just noticed my typo, heh) but I think it works very well. It is raw and emotional, and damn interesting mystery. It reminds me of Lynch a bit. That film gave me an urge to go and buy some pink socks :)

It has loads of atmosphere, and that setting in divided Berlin works beautifully. Only negative is the spoiler that comes in the title sequence, but now that we are talking about Carlo Rambaldi, we kinda did the same thing :)
It's not a film for everyone! It seems to ask more questions than it answers. The ending for instance. What is she thinking? What are we hearing? The scene of her in the subway is something I'll always remember!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM