The Culture Show

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

The Culture Show

Post by Asterisk »

There was an interesting segment on The Culture Show on BBC2 yesterday (Saturday 3 March): an interview with Lynch about his exhibition in Paris. Also showed quite a few of the artworks.

I'm sure it'll pop up on YouTube for our American cousins sometime. Meanwhile those of you in the UK should look out for the rerun, if there is one.

The show also featured Mark Kermode's review of INLAND EMPIRE, which he said was really only for Lynch fans.
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

I watched the first part which I really enjoyed..thought it was great to hear so much about David Lynch's artwork and also to see bits of it. I particularly liked the great bits of music they played in the back ground. Missed Mark Kermode's review but I have taped it so Ill watch it later on.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

The interview with David is now on YouTube and is on dugpa's front page. It's a really interesting interview; that artwork is wonderful!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Hey Annie I saw that interview on the dugpa page. I think I know where you got your new quote, "Keep your eye on the donut and not on the hole."

The artwork looks beautiful.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

We have a genius here! Actually, since all I have is dial-up, I had to let it load for 45 min just to get to play it through once, so I had to get something out of it :lol:
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.