dugpa
Site Admin

New Moby Video Directed by Lynch

Post by dugpa »

davidchili

Re: New Moby Video Directed by Lynch

Post by davidchili »

The video didn't do much for me. :(

I know this is not the case, but I really hope it was just a motion storyboard for something bigger to come out later.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

i unfortunately actually loathe moby.
there are a million better electronic musicians out there. i think he kinda gave them all a bad name...

as for the video. i think it is pretty cool. i like the floating arm. ties in with that video game commercial he did. nice to see something animated from lynch....
-23-
gsinnyc

Post by gsinnyc »

I'm surprised there's not more activity on this thread...Lynch's Moby video has so much to chew on...so many Lynch motifs right there, in a new work: is that Lynch's Philadelphia? Is the hero Lynch himself? The floating head his new wife, Emily Stofle? Also...the starfield (a la Eraserhead, Straight Story, INLAND EMPIRE), the floating arm, the floating man, the faceless INLAND EMPIRE-ish figure at 2:10...so much good stuff! Any more opinions on this?
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

gsinnyc wrote:I'm surprised there's not more activity on this thread... Any more opinions on this?
Yep, I love it. There's quite a bit of 'new' Lynch material floating around at the moment, but it would seem that most visitors here have little interest in these projects given the lack of feedback.

It's good to see more animation from David - I'd like to view this at a higher resolution...

RR
Archimboldi.

Post by Archimboldi. »

I'm not a big fan of Lynch's animated work but this is definitely the best I've seen of it. I can't help thinking how much better it would have been if it were to be - somehow - shot live-action though. I must add that Moby tracks sounds amazing also despite not liking too much of his previous work.
ExplodingBuddha

Post by ExplodingBuddha »

Moby excels at ambient/instrumental music, in my opinion. His score for Southland Tales as well as the rest of Hotel disc 2 are amazing and I'm really digging this new album.