David Lynch Lime Green Box Set Discussion

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Re: Pre-Order the New David Lynch DVD Box - the Lime Green Set

Post by Pete Martell »

The price is fair enough,but you can wait for standalone releases.They know that some fans won't buy it,so they don't want to lose any money.Also,you forget that the Elephant Man gets a new treatment and maybe we have the final restored print of Eraserhead.I currently own only IE in R1,so that's a no-brainer for me.Finally,i've heard that the import fees will be lowered in December.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Lower import fees? fantastic news! Oh I'll be getting this one - that mystery disc is mouth watering! Need to get going with ebay to get rid of the old stuff. Shame about the DL .com Eraserhead & Short Stories in their big boxes that I bought.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

I was thinking about this mystery disc - it sounds like it will have a very long running time for a single disc - 2 hours of WAH deleted scenes, RABBITS which must last an hour if he's putting all eight episodes on (was it 8?) & then some experimental films.....I wonder if anything's been compressed to fit it all on.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

I don't think that the WAH deleted scenes and the 60's experimental shorts will be in pristine condition,especially the latter.Rabbits is only 30-minutes long and i am sure the Absurda crew and especially DL,are very careful about their releases.
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

Pete Martell wrote:The price is fair enough,but you can wait for standalone releases.They know that some fans won't buy it,so they don't want to lose any money.Also,you forget that the Elephant Man gets a new treatment and maybe we have the final restored print of Eraserhead.I currently own only IE in R1,so that's a no-brainer for me.Finally,i've heard that the import fees will be lowered in December.
What you're saying is that The Elephant Man will undergo a new restoration in addition to Blue Velvet and possibly Eraserhead? Or are you talking about the extras?
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Christian1989 wrote:
Pete Martell wrote:The price is fair enough,but you can wait for standalone releases.They know that some fans won't buy it,so they don't want to lose any money.Also,you forget that the Elephant Man gets a new treatment and maybe we have the final restored print of Eraserhead.I currently own only IE in R1,so that's a no-brainer for me.Finally,i've heard that the import fees will be lowered in December.
What you're saying is that The Elephant Man will undergo a new restoration in addition to Blue Velvet and possibly Eraserhead? Or are you talking about the extras?
I'm intrigued by this too. There seems to be a whole dvd of Elephant Man Extras in this box so I'm wondering if the Elephant Man DVD in this set - and maybe also Blue velvet & Wild At Heart are different to the ones currently available as separates.Elephant Man was recently re-released over here in the UK with new extras but the whole package is one disc only.

I imagine stuff will be released as separates in the end but it could take years - take his restored Eraserhead and his Short Films. I bought them from DL.com several years ago and its only last month that they finally got their own UK release. I'd be surprised if Eraseheade & Short stories were overhauled yet again - he's only just restored 'em a few years back.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Can someone post what this box set looks like from all angles? Just wondering how it looks and how big it really is. Please post pics if possible.
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

I think that even dugpa doesn't have it yet.Only screeners have been sent to people as far as i know. :?:
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Pete Martell wrote:I think that even dugpa doesn't have it yet.Only screeners have been sent to people as far as i know. :?:
So far, to my knowledge, no screeners have been sent as of yet. Even though I have one on order from Amazon.com, I am working on getting a hold of a screener so I can write a review. Wish me luck.

-B
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

1150 NOK is steep, but sadly about what I had in mind. Not sure you'll save much by buying it from the US if the customs get to it, though. It will be at least 1000 after taxes and fees.

The Lost Highway release is probably the new Universal R1 release converted to PAL and R2.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Re: Pre-Order the New David Lynch DVD Box - the Lime Green S

Post by Christian1989 »

Deleted
Last edited by Christian1989 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mystery Man

Post by Mystery Man »

Wild at Heart deleted scenes aside, can anyone clarify whether the Eraserhead, Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart discs will have the same extras as the previous editions? Apologies if I'm being a bit slow.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Except for a new 5.1 mix of Blue Velvet and my suspicions about the newest remastered print of Eraserhead,nothing more that i know of is upgraded (maybe Elephant Man?).
Mystery Man

Post by Mystery Man »

Thanks for that, but what I was actually wondering was whether we'd be losing any extras from previous editions. Is that kind of information available yet or can we only speculate at this stage?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

We should find out in the next week or so. I was told that I would get a screener and will post the details the minute it arrives. I've also emailed Absurda a bunch of questions that have been sent to me. Those are included and I'll post an update when I hear back from them.

-B