Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kernunrex

Re: Pre-Order the New David Lynch DVD Box - the Lime Green Set

Post by kernunrex »

Sold the duplicates on ebay for $47.98
Locked in the Amazon pre-order price of $125.99
---
So, I'm paying a still-hefty $78 for Industrial Symphony and a mystery disc.

I'll remain a fan of the artist, but my esteem of David Lynch the business man is real low about now.
brokentiny
Roadhouse Member

Post by brokentiny »

Hmmm...just got a bulletin from David Lynch Documentary on Myspace mentioning the Lime Green Box Set. They said about the mystery disc..."only David knows what's on the Mystery Disc and he isn't spilling the beans". Could it be an extended documentary about his coffee line?
:wink:
There is something important to be said
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

I hope that the person who'll get this Box set first will release the secret what's on the Mystery disc because like most of the other folks on this forum I'm also very curious about it.
neverwakingworld
Roadhouse Member

Post by neverwakingworld »

This tells a little about what is in the mystery disc

http://homemediamagazine.com/product-ne ... ynch-13773
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks for that reference--it was very interesting! I love interviews with DL.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Yes thanks a lot neverwakingworld for the link to the interview.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

32 Deleted and Extended Scenes from Wild at Heart! Freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I pre-ordered this baby!

-B
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

32 scenes is just amazing! I hope the Tracey Walter scene is there. The R1 dvd seems to be out of print now. Stand alone special edition on the way?

edit - wow! I wonder if the extreme Grace Zabriskie sequence is on there :shock:
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Re: Pre-Order the New David Lynch DVD Box - the Lime Green S

Post by Christian1989 »

Deleted.
Last edited by Christian1989 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Now I'm also looking forward to the Lime green set and especially to the deleted scenes from Wild At Heart. I hope that the extreme scene that Jerry Horne mentioned is also included. It's just too bad that the interviewer didn't ask Lynch anything about the Fire Walk With Me deleted scenes that most of us would like to see one day.
katherine_b

Post by katherine_b »

Wild at Heart Deleted Scenes!!!!!!!!!!! That made my day. Granted FWWM Deleted Scenes would make my life, these will do nicely for now.

I agree with you MB3, why didn't he ask about the Deleted Scenes to FWWM?
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

These are nice, but they are no Twin Peaks: FWWM Deleted Scenes AKA the freaking Holy Grail of all things Lynch. Still, they are enough for me to plunk down for the set.

Pretty damn cool.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

I've been wondering if the excessively high price of the Lime Green Box - and other DL pricey items like the coffee - is subsidising his increasingly messianic quest to spread the TM word. Cults are often associated with large amounts of money being screwed from ordinary people.

Words cannot express my disappointment about this set. To buy this thing on import would cost an absolute king's ransom. I'm really disgusted with Lynch on this one. I see no excuse for the box's existence other than to milk the fans for every penny and that's not right. There is no reason at all why the mystery disc could not be released on its own.

I suppose when you're swanning around in the Hollywood hills giving weather reports it can be easy to forget that there is a world wide economic crisis going on.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Cubist, i don't see your point at all, this set now includes two hours of additonal material from one of Lynch's strongest films. Plus several other things that has never been on DVD before. Considering that a ton of actual time and money went into making this set it's a VERY fair price. It isn't just disc repackaged, like we assumed to begin with. If you don't like "Wild At Heart" that's fine, personally it's one of my favorites, and this set is/should now be a fans dreams come true, not some cynical money making scheme. If the bonus material is anywhere near the quality of "More Things That Happened" from I.E we're in for a real treat.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

eyeboogers wrote:Cubist, i don't see your point at all, this set now includes two hours of additonal material from one of Lynch's strongest films. Plus several other things that has never been on DVD before. Considering that a ton of actual time and money went into making this set it's a VERY fair price. It isn't just disc repackaged, like we assumed to begin with. If you don't like "Wild At Heart" that's fine, personally it's one of my favorites, and this set is/should now be a fans dreams come true, not some cynical money making scheme. If the bonus material is anywhere near the quality of "More Things That Happened" from I.E we're in for a real treat.
8 of the 10 discs available in this set i already have!! 2 of them (Eraserhead & Short films) were bought at an extremely high price from DL.com itself a few years back. I have already purchased Wild at Heart twice now. I paid a subscription to DL.com so i could watch Rabbits... I just think he should release the dics separately. I feel like he's exploiting the fans for loving his work. This is a fan's dream alright - as long as the fan has a lot of spare cash! I notcie you're in Denmark - how much is this set going to cost you when custom duty is added to it? In the UK, anything from the US over a certain weight has a big customs duty slapped on it when it is mailed to the UK.
I will of course end up buying this thing. But I'll have to sell a lot of stuff to raise the money.